cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

gibberish text or partial text is what I receive on my Samsung flip phone and LG flip phone. Why?

Sometimes I receive texts from the same people with android or I-phones that are gibberish or incomplete. This is occurring on an older Samsung flip phone worse but did also occur on my LG flip phone. The sender's do not know why or what they do different that changes from gibberish to readable text. The problem has shown up more in the past year and more so since I activated the Samsung, which also shrunk all photos to about 1/4 screen.

In researching the problem I see it is worse for flip phones but has occurred in the past with folks receiving Google voice/text and other androids.

A recent thread from last month, (November) had the same issue without resolve. They said that Verizon has no interest in fixing the problem because Flip phone users are a low profit user and therefore were not motivated to fix the problem.

Anyone else have this  or similar problem? Anyone find a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: gibberish text or partial text is what I receive on my Samsung flip phone and LG flip phone. Why?

Community Manager
Community Manager

howardhenryhermann, help is here as I'm sure this must be frustrating not having the ability to see the messages that turn out to be gibberish. Many basic flip phones do not offer the ability to send or receive enhanced messages (EMS). An EMS can consist of anything from a special character or smiley face to a signature or consist of more than 160 characters. If an EMS is sent to a non-EMS capable phone, it will generally come up as strange characters because the device can't translate the message properly. Does every single message from your phone to his turn out to be just symbols? Do you happen to know the make and model of his flip phone? If you send him a picture message with text attached is he able to see your text and the picture?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Re: gibberish text or partial text is what I receive on my Samsung flip phone and LG flip phone. Why?

EdwardLehman
Miembro

I have the same problem sending texts from my iPhone to my wife’s Samsung basic phone. I have found that apostrophes cause my texts to be cut off or come out as gibberish on other basic phones. I am now careful to not use apostrophes and the texts are fine. I’m sure other characters will cause similar issues. This doesn’t help your situation because you’re on the receiving end but it might help someone figure out a workaround.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager
EdwardLehman, we want to make sure you keep connected with your wife. I'm sorry that you're having issues with your text messages. How long has this been going on? Does this happen with anyone else? What zip code are you at?

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

CHRARB73
Miembro

I'm having the same issue. I can't tell what causes the gibberish text. It seems to be about a third of the texts I receive.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

To have gobbledygook on 1/3 of your incoming texts is obviously no good, CHRARB73. To get the heart of the matter, let’s roll up are sleeves to figure out any trends. Firstly what is the make and model of your device? Do you know the make and model of the device sending the texts? Is so, then sharing this will help.

DavidH_VZW

0 Me gusta

CHRARB73
Miembro

I've got a Samsung Convoy, which is a flip phone. I imagine the issue comes down to the EMS and non-EMS enabled devices, as detailed above. It's pretty frustrating. I have zero interest in a smartphone and simply want to be able to receive messages from people.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

CHRARB73,

I appreciate these details. Let's chat about the jibberish texts a bit more. Making sure you have a phone you enjoy using is our goal. We wouldn't want for you to feel you have to move to a different kind of phone. Has this always been an issue with your Samsung Convoy phone or did it just start to happen recently? Do you know if the sender is including special characters, smiley faces, a signature or more than 160 characters? Do you know if the sender is a smartphone user?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Me gusta

gjcmitchell
Miembro

I am having the same issue with my Samsung flip phone.  Partial (as in only 2 or 3 words coming through) texts or gibberish.  Stopped in a Verizon store to ask about the issue.  Thought maybe I just needed to get a newer flip phone.  Rep told me that wouldn't help.  That I had to invest in a totally different kind of (more expensive) phone.  Really??  I prefer flip phones!   Not sure why that is such a sin!  Can ANYTHING be done to help with this issue?  Saw mention of problems when using apostrophes and commas - looking back at my old received texts, that could play into my issue.  ¡Ayuda!

0 Me gusta

CHRARB73
Miembro

Alicia,

To answer your questions: The problem started fairly recently and has

escalated from being occasional to frequent. I don't know if the texts

contain special characters because I can't read them. I feel fairly certain

that the senders are all smart phone users.

GJCMitchell, I'm with you. I don't want a smartphone.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 8:12 AM, gjcmitchell <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Me gusta