cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

edge program and refurb

Miembro

I have been a happy customer with Verizon for more than 10/15 years.  The relationship has had ups and downs, but for most part I'm very happy with my service.  I have always paid more than most people I know, but I have much better service.

I had an IPhone and it just wasn't for me.  I wanted to get back to a smart phone and did the edge program.  Based on Verizon info, I was only able to get a Motorola Droid, when I really wanted a Samsung like rest of world.

I've never had a Motorola, but find it to be just as user friendly as most smart phones, much happier than when I had Iphone.  Well, my Droid Turbo went out after only 4 months use.  It was stuck in some type of reboot status, couldn't even do a reset.  Of course it didn't occur to me to ask if something should happen to this phone what will happen.  I've had other phones tank, but not after 4 months of usage.  Never even took it out of the Otter covering once I got it, never submerged in water, didn't play catch with it, dog didn't use it. It worked the morning I left for work, listened to Slacker on way to work.  Read my kindle app, went to the ladies, and came back to computer crap on screen.

Verizon overnighted me a CERTIFIED REFURBISHED PHONE.  WTF, not I'm making payments on a USED phone. If I wanted a used phone, would have purchased a Samsung which is what I wanted ANYWAY.  I'm LIVID.  Would someone pay new Mercedes prices on a used Chevy?  I think not.

I knew it was an exercise in futility calling to complain, but I did.  I asked for a supervisor said my piece, hoped for a survey to complete, it never came.

Just curious if anyone else had the same experience?

Holding ankles in Mich

Labels (1)
Pestañas (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: edge program and refurb

Asistencia al cliente

Shay65,

We're glad to learn you're happy with your wireless service but it's also important that you're satisfied with your device. When a device is replaced under warranty we do replace it with a certified like new replacement. These devices are carefully tested to qualify to be a replacement device. There are over 100 checkpoints to ensure you're receiving a high quality device. Are you experiencing any difficulties with your phone? Please share details so we can assist.

DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Leader

To answer your question, yes. EVERYONE has had the same experience that's ever had a phone break within the first year. The manufactures warranty covers any internal issues; which is what you had.

Your phone was used, should you be able to turn in a Chevy and be given a Mercedes without any extra cost?

Being that you're fond of cars, look at this way. It's a certified pre-owned Mercedes and not one you bought from the sketchy lot down the street where they don't offer any sort of warranty and everyone is approved no matter what their credit score.

Side note: This is why I don't purchase insurance on a phone. I realize you didn't use insurance, which is good because you would have had a deductible and still been given a refurbished device. With the amount one spends on insurance and deductible they could get a relatively decent used phone if needed. You could always sell that device, pay off your Device Payment Plan (Edge) and start a new one with the device you want. Not sure what you owe on it and what your device is worth, so you may need to pony up some extra cash, but sounds like you might be happier that way.

Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

Shay65,

We're glad to learn you're happy with your wireless service but it's also important that you're satisfied with your device. When a device is replaced under warranty we do replace it with a certified like new replacement. These devices are carefully tested to qualify to be a replacement device. There are over 100 checkpoints to ensure you're receiving a high quality device. Are you experiencing any difficulties with your phone? Please share details so we can assist.

DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You had a broken used phone and it got replaced with a working used phone. I don't see the problem. For Verizon, the definition of new to used is 14 days. Before 14 days, you can exchange for another new phone. After 14 days, the phone is used and it will be replaced with used. This is standard throughout the entire cellular industry.

Highlighted

Miembro

I doubt the device is worth much, assuming it depreciated (car reference) as soon as I got in the car.  Thanks for the suggestion

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

How long have you worked for Verizon?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

0 days, and have nothing to do with the telecommunications industry now or ever. Sorry I made too much sense.

Highlighted

Leader

You could probably sell it for around $250-$300.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

According to you, the phone YOU used for 4 months is a NEW phone. Do you know how old the phone you received is? As far as you know, it is a 4 month old phone returned for refurbishing with a problem similar to yours. That would mean you received a phone which is 4 months old used by someone else who claims to have sent in a NEW phone which YOU are calling a USED phone. How is that different than the one YOU returned. All the people who receive replacement phones for warranty issues have the same complaint as you do. They are complaining their NEW phones got replaced with USED phones. Well those NEW phones THEY return are given to users like YOU, so they must be NEW phones since that is what their PREVIOUS owners claim, just as YOU do. YOU returned a NEW phone. Should the person who receives YOUR phone after refurbishing complain they got a USED phone or a NEW one as YOU claim it to be????? If everyone always returns a NEW phone how do they suddenly become USED phones when sent back out after refurbishing????

If you are unhappy with how the manufacturers warranty works, DON'T USE IT next time. You can always purchase another NEW phone.

Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks for the exchange of ideas.  I'm still unhappy, but not with my service.  Hands down, Verizon is the best when it comes to service and coverage.

0 Likes