Highlighted

data utilization categories

Bhansard2124
Miembro

I want to know what apps fall under each category typically.  Like examples.  And why can I not see this information as I did before? I was able to see examples of what types of apps fall under a specific category and now I can't find that information anywhere. 

0 Me gusta

Re: data utilization categories

Community Manager
Community Manager

Bhansard2124, there are many apps out there so categories are certainly helpful. We are here to assist with your concerns for apps. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/ for information on data utilization. The following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-87671/ has information about apps reviewed by Verizon. Does this help? And if not, can you elaborate further on where this information is missing from? When did this information disappear?

DavidC_VZW

0 Me gusta

boringusername

doesn't matter. Your device should tell what specific app uses how much data

0 Me gusta

Bhansard2124
Miembro

I want a detailed description of the categories meaning what types of apps fall under each one.  For example,  I saw somewhere before where it showed Social media and said things in this category would be things like Facebook,  Snapchat, etc.  Then it showed  all the other categories that were used from that device also with a description.  Where is this information in my account?  There is nothing like that in the community forums.  And the information I saw was in my account concerning my device.  

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Bhansard2124

I apologize. For security and privacy purposes, we're unable to release that detailed data utilization for your device online at My Verizon. However, you may view that data usage directly on your device. These statistics will be located under Settings>Cellular Data. I hope that this information is helpful to you. 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Me gusta

boringusername

@Bhansard2124 wrote:

I want a detailed description of the categories meaning what types of apps fall under each one.  For example,  I saw somewhere before where it showed Social media and said things in this category would be things like Facebook,  Snapchat, etc.  Then it showed  all the other categories that were used from that device also with a description.  Where is this information in my account?  There is nothing like that in the community forums.  And the information I saw was in my account concerning my device.  

Those are never correct and don't matter since your phone will show you the EXACT app and EXACT amount if useage.

0 Me gusta