cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

continual data overage

sanketsmi
Miembro

For several months now we continually have data overage - I've upped our plan twice. It is always on the same line - and the data report shows large usage while my son is sleeping and at home on the wifi. He has all his automatice notifications shut off - data usage for most apps shut off - he is very savvy as to how to save. Yet again this month his phone shows 6Gb of usage. Is this some sort of ploy to get us to use the unlimited plan? Which of course is more expensive than the one we're on now. The one time i contacted someone, they said it was "auto updates" to apps occuring - I tend to not believe that and this was just in their scripted replies. After many years of poor customer service and rising prices I'm seriously looking at competitors.  Hey Verizon, if you truly took care of your customers , you wouldn't have to spend so much money on advertising to gain new ones or try to get the old ones back. 

0 Me gusta

Re: continual data overage

Community Manager
Community Manager

You came to the right spot to get the expert help needed to address your concerns about data use, sanketsmi. If you don't need unlimited, we don't want you to feel pressured into it. There are two great features that will help in this situation. One is Verizon Smart Family http://spr.ly/66001zNgr. You can set hard limits on data use (see the "Activity and limits" section) without incurring overages. The other is Safety Mode http://spr.ly/66011zNgT. You can turn that on at no cost, and data will slow down to about 128kbps once your plan limit is reached. There will not be overages. Which of these options would you be interested in considering?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Me gusta

Re: continual data overage

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

@sanketsmi escribió:

For several months now we continually have data overage - I've upped our plan twice. It is always on the same line - and the data report shows large usage while my son is sleeping and at home on the wifi. He has all his automatice notifications shut off - data usage for most apps shut off - he is very savvy as to how to save. Yet again this month his phone shows 6Gb of usage.

Since your son is so savvy, has he checked his phone to determine which apps are actually using the data? Which apps are using the most data? I will show you my usage as an example:

Verizon states my current monthly data usage as 2.02 GB of data while my phone lists it as 2.01 GB of data with a portion of the app usage breakdown shown below.

Screenshot_20191108-171148.png

Once you determine which apps are using more data than you think they should be using, you can go into those apps to check the settings and make any necessary changes.

0 Me gusta