Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
You can only carry over data every other month.
Swillard71
Miembro

It's not carryover like they say it is.

Labels (1)
Re: You can only carry over data every other month.
SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Carryover works EXACTLY as "they" say it does.  If you are only receiving carryover data every other month, then you are USING the carryover, meaning there is no plan data for the following month.

It's meant as a buffer, just in case you get too close in a month, and you have some left from the previous month.  Since you use the plan data first, once you get to the carryover buffer, it means you have used your allowance and have nothing left to carryover.

You have carryover if you stay within your allowance most of the time.  If you are going over frequently (which would seem to be the case if you have data left only every other month), perhaps a bit larger plan would be in order.

0 Likes
Swillard71
Miembro

If it's carry over then every gb you have from the previous month should

carry over to the next month and if that month you have ANY data left over

should carry over. We pay for all these gb so why can't they continue to

carry over. This is why were changing companies when our contract is up.

0 Likes
Weth
Líder Sénior

AT&T dos rollover the exact same way. 

Make sure you you read all the fine print wherever you are going.   There is always a lot more restrictions than the big print says. 

0 Likes
Swillard71
Miembro

I never said anything about att. I know verizon is wrong for this.

0 Likes
Weth
Líder Sénior

Wrong only because it doesn't fit your definition.  Every consumer would want carryover to never expire, have carryover used first, and allow infinite accumulation of data. 

Veizon offers a bare minimum carryover, which happens to match its competitors carryover policy.  It is better than what was before.   It has saved our plan one month already.  

Your fault in thinking is you pay for the data forever.  In fact, you specifically pay for the ability to use up to an amount of data for that month. 

Is Verizon as consumer friendly in its should be? Not by a long shot.  Is it wrong in its definition of data and carryover, no, that is a contractual definition. 

0 Likes
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
Swillard71-

Say it's not so, we're not ready to say goodbye. I sent you a message to your community inbox, please respond there so we can provide more personalized support.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Swillard71
Miembro

[Removed]. You pay  for a plan they say it's carryover  and put

limitations on it. It's not carryover. ..

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Swillard71 wrote:

If it's carry over then every gb you have from the previous month should

carry over to the next month and if that month you have ANY data left over

should carry over.   That's your definition - not Verizon's (or AT&T's, for that matter)

And it does.  If you have data leftover from your CURRENT MONTH ALLOTMENT.  Which is consistent from month to month - at 4GB or 8GB or whatever your plan is.  If any of THAT data is left, it "carries over" to the next month, and then EXPIRES at the end of that cycle.  Those are the terms of the carryover data that Verizon has defined.

Yes, it would be nice if the carryover was used first, but that's not the way it's been set up.  At least now if I don't use all my plan, I DO get another month to use the leftover.  Prior to adding this, it was simply gone.  Each month I got a new bucket.  Now if I don't use all my plan data, my new bucket is alttle bigger, if I need it.  If I do use it, then the next month I'll be back to my regular allotment; nothing lost.  I just don't gain as much.

Good luck with another carrier.

0 Likes
cathyb078
Miembro

It doesn't work that way for me but hey, nothing about this phone worka right.  No  Help from Verizon or Apple.  I'm done with Apple and Verizon

0 Likes