cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Re: XL 16 gb plan vs Unlimited plan usability

You are probably "fortunate". I presume if the tower in the areas you are using the phone were congested, your experience might be different.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Well I'm sure with a population of over 950,000 in the metro area alone, with the major tech companies here, I'm sure the network is congested most of the time. But yet my speeds are not impacted at all. So I presume, the network in my area is more optimized than the area you are in.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

I live in a small town and I travel quite a bit regionally in the southeast to different cities and different states...no issues at all with data until I switched.  So either something coincidently changed systematically at the time my planned changed...or the new plan is set to do this...odd too that you can't go back to the XL plan. The only  non unlimited plan available not is not a real consideration due to gb allowed.  So we'll just have to wait for the forthcoming upgraded plan.

Miembro

After further investigation,  we did indeed miss the fine print and got [Removed]! The new "Go Unlimited" plan throttles speed anytime there is congestion in your area. You have to pay more $$ for "Beyond Unlimited" to get full speeds up to 22gig. Our old XL plan was full speed the entire time. [Removed]... I am paying more $$ now for unlimited data at snail speed when I had 16 gig before at full speed. You suck Verizon!!!

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Dang...didnt know it was congested all the time...seems like congestion would hurt your speed regardless of the plan...only so much can fit in the pipe at once. 

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

In a classical sense, you are correct, congestion hurts everyone... But if the traffic were prioritized based on plan and amount used... well then, the equation would change and everyone's amount of hurt would be different.

Highlighted

Miembro

So the "right plan wrong network" commercial isnt "exactly" correct...the right plan would have been to stay on the old plan

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Are there any other Verizon devices in the home area where you are? Do they suffer the same speed issues as you do? Have you contacted Verizon to see us they can reset your network connection to see if that could be the issue? Are you using an Android? If so, there is an app in the play store called LTE Discovery, which will give you details about the network, such as the LTE band you are on. In different areas, check the app to see which band you are connecting to. In my area I mainly connect to band 13. If I venture out into the rural areas, it switches to band 4, which is like an overflow band to per day assist handoff.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Yes, we have 4 phones on the plan...2 are in the same area...2 are in different regions...so a total of 3 areas within our state...but as mentioned earlier...I personally travel between all three regions within the state, as well as spending time in a neighboring state...same results

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Failed to mention, we use Apple OS

0 Me gusta
Covid19