cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Worst Customer Service Experience Ever.

joiganon
Miembro

I recently "upgraded" my phone at a corporate store here in Rockville, MD. This has been one of the worst experiences I've ever had as a consumer all around. When I knew I was going to upgrade, I made several trips to the Rockville Pike Congressional Location where I was given conflicting information about devices each time I went in. I found myself leaving more confused than when I entered every time, and I would consider myself a capable person with a considerable learning curve. It wasn't until I'd gotten online and chatted with a representative that some (not all) things were clarified. I ended up buying the HTC One M9 because of the expandable memory I could use for music. One or two days after I'd purchased the phone, it crashed. I went back to the store believing I'd made a mistake and was going to exchange it. There, I was convinced it was fine and not to exchange it. They took the phone from me for a bit and somehow got it working again. I didn't think too much of it at the time, as it was one of the mangers who'd helped me and surely I could trust her. I wish I'd followed my instinct and gone with the iPhone when I went back like I was going to. I took the phone home and started to get acquainted with it. I used the HTC Sync Manager to slowly and painstakingly move music onto my phone, it never worked again after that, not even after hours on the phone with their customer service (an unrelated issue, I know). After a bit of time, I noticed that apps weren't opening, or they would stop and close, or the touch screen would become unresponsive, or the phone would freeze and I'd have to restart it. At this point, the 14 day return period was up and I was stuck, I figured I couldn't return it so let's see how it acts. Carrying on with this as it got worse I eventually noticed a sharp spike in my data usage. Feeling alarmed, I really studied the phone activity. It was then that I noticed the phone was not connecting or staying connected to my wifi at home, and thus, eating up all the data on our SHARED plan. Finally, I went back to the store and explained my issues to an associate who assured me that nothing like this had ever happened with these phones before! Later, I found out the apps closing was, in fact, a known issue and "they" were fixing it. I was issued a replacement phone, which I was told would be delivered the next day but arrived 3 days later. Within 2 weeks of getting the reemplazo phone, I had blown through 75% of our shared data. I was having all of the same issues and worse, now the phone sometimes just turns off! This I found out the hard way after waking up 45min after my alarm was supposed to have gone off. So, back I go to the dreaded Rockville Verizon store. This time, I met with Vanessa, who's solution was to 4 times condescendingly instruct me to restart my router at home, after I'd explained I'd tried that several times. She did finally offer to send another replacement (after tons of attitude and a bit of eye-rolling) and my dad, who'd come with me that time, said he wanted to weigh our options (I don't think he was happy with that solution either). I left feeling frustrated, defeated and even a little abused. I came back a couple days later when my phone had shut off again. I asked to speak with a manager and was sent Haim. I explained to him all that was going on and he assured me he would find a solution. He took my phone from me and disappeared a couple times in the back for about 20min at a time, returning each time with no solution and only accusatory questions. When he returned the last time, he explained to me, in so many words, that it was my fault that the phone wasn't working properly because I had been running apps on it. I was confused since I couldn't even get the 2 apps I use to work half the time and isn't that what they're designed to do? I asked, "So, what you're telling me is that they market these phones as having all of these cool features, but don't use said features or the phone won't work?" He told me that was not what he was saying but rather that he didn't see anything wrong with it (even though it's not working properly because of "all" my apps). He told me the only thing he could do would be to wipe it clean, which meant I would again have to add back all of my contacts and everything else, which has never gone well, even with the help of the "support" staff there at the store. I asked about buying a different phone at an upgrade price and giving this one back since it clearly wasn't a good product. He laughed at me and said "No way." When I asked why they couldn't make a concession for a defective product, he basically yelled at me that they already had by replacing the original defective phone and that they couldn't even do that again, which struck me, seeing as Vanessa had already offered to do so. I explained that I didn't believe replacing a defective product could be considered a concession. He stared at me blankly. At that point I asked to speak with his manager, which he replied "I just talked to him." I told him I still wanted to speak to him so, off Haim went to the mysterious back of the store and emerged with Andrew. Andrew came out, guns blazing, and immediately went into the, it's my fault because of my apps, explanation before I could even say "Hi". I stopped him and tried to explain that neither the original nor the replacement worked and that this was indicative of a general issue with this phone. I tried to tell him about the other person I knew who has this phone and experiences the same problems, let alone all the message boards about these issues with other users, but he cut me off and said very loudly and aggressively "IT MAKES CALLS AND TEXTS, DOESN'T IT? SO, IT'S NOT BROKEN" I realized then, that I was dealing with someone who was not going to hear anything I had to say. I left, admittedly in a bit of a huff, and went home where I was so upset by the whole experience and felt so ridiculed I started to cry. I realized it was me against Big Business and that I would be stuck with this very expensive piece of equipment that doesn't work and will inevitably cost us even more money via the data usage. I lamented to my mother who said, "Let's get into the car right now and try another store." We ended up at the Verizon store in the Rockville Town Center where I couldn't have been treated more differently. Beau sat there and listened quietly while I explained what was going on, he assured me he was familiar with some of the problems I had been experiencing and offered to make some adjustments with the hopes that it would help. While he was working with my phone, he himself experienced several of the issues I'd been describing, so I'm not really sure what the other guys were talking about when they told me nothing was wrong (except it wasn't working because it was my fault). After spending about 30min working with my phone (part of which involved removing apps that came with the phone which apparently run automatically), he gave it back to me and said "Let's just try it for now." I asked him what I could do if I still experience these problems and he really could only offer the option of trying to sell the phone online or using someone's upgrade. Well, I'm still having the same issues, no one wants to buy these phones (I've tried selling) and everyone else on my plan needs their upgrades, I'd already used my sister's upgrade earlier than mine because my Galaxy 4 had crashed. Así que what do I do now? What is my recourse? File a lawsuit? Demand to speak with Mr. Verizon? I would buy a new 128 GB iPhone6 at the upgrade price, don't they want (more of) my money? I will not buy a new phone outright, I can do that online for less. Please, I just want a working device!

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Worst Customer Service Experience Ever.

Weth
Líder Sénior

keep pushing to get warranty replacement.  Sell mint condition M9 on swappa for about $400.  Buy used but good or mint condition Iphone 6 on swappa for $550, or a net of $150. 

0 Me gusta

Re: Worst Customer Service Experience Ever.

possteam
Miembro

I agree...This is my first iphone and would never get another.   I will stick with Samsung

0 Me gusta