cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Wireless cost higher than I was quoted

Miembro

Switched to VZW in Fall 2019, and at this point I can say that the entire transition has been a complete disappointment.

On switching, I was told I would receive a 19% discount on service.  I double and triple checked in multiple chat sessions and was repeatedly told (and I have a transcript) that my discount would apply to the service that I had selected.   After I signed up, only then was I told that my discount wouldn't apply (seriously -- the chat session QUOTED A PRICE on wireless service for me) and further, the service rep said that the sales team "isn't as knowledgable about these plans".    Since then, they've put me on a discount related to covid, but I still pay more than originally promised, and it didn't happen until several months after I enrolled.   

Further, I feel I was misled by the sale associate when I purchased my iPhone 11 Pro on a trade-in promotion.  Of course I should have known, but we had the order for the phone all set when I asked if I could simply pay up-front.  The sales rep gladly agreed and processed the order.  Then, I was still directed to trade-in my old phone.  The result was that by paying up front, I became ineligible for the $350 trade-in promotion, AND I sent away my old phone in exchange for nothing.  Customer service people on the phone have told me this is my fault.  While I should have read the fine print, I don't think this rep should have helped me set up a trade-in AFTER I took action to be ineligible for the trade-in promotion.

This has been a very expensive transition from our previous carrier, and for VZW customer service to blame the sales team is disappointing.  I think VZW should honor the price I was quoted, and I think if I wasn't eligible for the trade-in promotion that they shouldn't have proceeded to accept my old phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Wireless cost higher than I was quoted

Miembro

I am pleased to report that this issue has been resolved.  I was contacted by Verizon's Executive Relations Team (and at the same time received a PM from a VZW Support Agent here).   They have honored the discount I was promised in my transcript (for a limited time, but acceptable), and they have credited my account with what would have been the trade-in promotion from last fall.   

While it took many months to get this resolved, it is finally at the cost I expected when I enrolled.  Appreciate a few people at VZW taking the time to review the details, and I appreciate Ann (above) pressing me to just post numbers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

We want to make sure that we're providing you with the best service possible, how did you go about applying for this promotion? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes

Miembro

Your reply is appreciated.   

This was fall 2019 with the "up to $450 off iPhone 11 with a qualified trade-in when I switch to Verizon with unlimited".   I had an iPhone 6, so that meant $300 in bill credits over 24 months.  I know understand, in retrospect, that it required a 24-month payment plan on the phone.   Had I realized I simply wouldn't have paid the phone in-full up front.  But . . .

I completed the entire process of confirming price, initiating 4 lines of unlimited, and ordering the phone via online chat on 10/23/2019.  Part of the ordering included recording which phone I would trade-in.   During the online chat, I was advised on how to get a label to send my iPhone 6 in for trade-in.  I don't remember any other formal "application" specifically for the trade-in other than sending in my old phone.   During the chat, the rep even advised me to change the model of iPhone 11 I ordered (to an in-stock model) or I would be ineligible for the trade-in promotion, so I did that.   But I was not so-advised when I paid for the phone up front.

There was another promotion for a $200 prepaid card that I got when I switched.  I was assured (also in online chat) that I was eligible to receive both this promotion AND the trade-in simultaneously.   I had to apply for the prepaid card after establishing service.  I was initially denied (again as I recall I paid for the phone up-front instead of monthly payments), but I called VZW customer service and received the amount in bill credits.

I have transcripts of the chats, and we can research them more specifically if necessary.    There is the separate issue that I was told in MULTIPLE chats that I was eligible for a specific discount on my rate plan even when I specifically asked if it applied to unlimited.  In fact, the rep advised that most discounts DON'T apply to unlimited and was surprised that mine did.  Those discounts never materialized, and I never received my service for the price that I was quoted.  Was recently eligible for one of your covid discounts, but I still think that's a lower discount that I was told and came several months after I switched.

0 Likes

Expert

None of the unlimited plans available in 2019 qualified for an employee discount. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Miembro

I was given a price during an online chat, and I agreed to the price.  If discounts weren't available, then I shouldn't have been told that they were.  There are transcripts where the rep actually checked and confirmed pricing for me.  I really don't care if it's a "discount" or not.  I enrolled on the basis of the price I was told.

Hi. Considering switching 4 lines of service to Verizon from another carrier. A few weeks ago 10/6), I asked about my employer discount on this chat. That rep offered me ZZ% discount on the plan and half-price activation fees. Was unable to proceed at that time, but I hope we could get that deal available again.
What I understood was that I would receive ZZ% off of my rate plan. We used "Start Unlimited" as as example. So 4 lines would be about $ZZZ.ZZ/mo.
VerizonGotcha, so many company discounts do not include Unlimited. You usually can see if they are or not when you enroll to check on your discount we would send you an email on what they would cover
VerizonOf course, I would not want you to be disappointed if the discount would not end up applying but we can continue. One moment while I verify the pricing you mentioned
SIncerely appreciate your help.
VerizonMy pleasure, one more moment
VerizonThey were correct!
¡Buenas noticias!
VerizonRight!]
0 Likes

Expert

Without the discount percentage and the dollar amount discussed, it is hard to recreate the math. 

The chat you posted also said, "...many company discounts do not include Unlimited." in the rep's reply. You still needed to verify if the discount would apply or not. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Miembro

I'm not going to share those numbers in a public forum.  I'll take that up with VZW directly and privately if requested.  

We did, on the same chat, go through the process of verifying the discount, and that's in the transcripts as well.  In fact, I did the same on TWO separate chats, and I got the same answer (for % discount and cost of unlimited plan) both times.  In between those two chats, I called a spoke to live rep with the same question and again had the rep took information and was surprised that my discount would extend to unlimited.    

The short of it is that I encountered a few issues with my switch to VZW being more expensive than I expected.  I called Customer Care who took care of some of the issues for me, so I'm here exploring whether I can resolve the rest.  So I'm appreciative to have received a reply from VZW on this thread which will hopefully move things along. 

0 Likes

Expert

You posted your discount percentage in your original post. The cost of the Start Unlimited Plan is posted on the site. The numbers are already public. The only number missing is the total you were told for a specific number of lines. That isn't personal information like your actual phone number. 

0 Likes

Miembro

Ann, I assure you that after I switched, the discount on my account was identically zero, which is different than what I was told before I switched.   If you think there's enough information to recreate the math, then go ahead.  But this isn't a math problem.  This is a problem where I was told one thing, and a different thing happened.

I further assure you that after I switched, my "monthly charges" (to be clear, BEFORE TAXES AND FEES) on my bill were LARGER than the amount in $ZZZ.ZZ.  (quoted and ordered for same # of lines on the same plan).  

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

We appreciate those details. The discounts on any of the Mix and Match Unlimited plans are outlined on their individual FAQs. However it is all the same across each of those Unlimited plans. For example, see Start Unlimited discounts as outlined on this page: https://www.verizon.com/support/start-unlimited-faqs/ . Standard employee discount have never been eligible on the Unlimited plans. We apologize if you have been provided any incorrect information.   BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes