cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Will it be cheaper to change my data plan in the middle of the month?

richie72846
Novice

1.If I see that I may go over my 2GB data plan in the middle of the 30 day period can I change to a 3GB plan without any additional charges ?  Then once the 30 day billing period is over can I change back to my old 2GB plan with no charges ? Is this the way to do it or would I be better off just to pay the additional fee for going over, whatever that is ?

Richie

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Change Data Plan In Middle of Month Questions

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

That is certainly an option. Keep in mind that would be $5 more expensive than switching to the 3 GB plan and then switching back. Additionally, if you are currently receivinng any employer discounts, that is taken off your data charge but I don't think you get the same discount on data overages.

Either way, not doing anything would certainly be the easiest thing to do, even if it is more expensive.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

If you see that you may go over your 2 GB data plan in the middle of the 30 day period, you can change to the 3 GB tier for only the additional charge of the difference between the 2 plans. Make sure you make the plan change effective at the beginning of your current billing cycle, or you MAY have pro-rating charges.

For instance, if today is the halfway point of your billing cycle and you have used 1.5 GB of data out of your 2 GB allowance and decide to change to the 3 GB tier TODAY, you will have had an allowance of 1 GB for the first half of your billing cycle with a 0.5 GB overage. You will have 1.5 GB to use for the last half of your billing cycle. You would get a refund of half of your 2 GB tier charge and a charge for half of the 3 GB tier PLUS a $15 overage charge on the first half of your billing cycle for the 0.5 GB overage.

If you decide to make the switch to the 3 GB tier effective at the beginning of your current billing cycle(i.e. 15 days ago), you will get a refund of the full amount of the 2 GB allowance and a charge for the full amount of the 3 GB allowance. You will have 3 GB to use throughout your billing cycle. Since you have already used 1.5 GB, you would have 1.5 GB left to use during the last half of your current billing cycle.

Anytime after your new allowance takes effect, you can go back into MyVerizon and switch back to the 2 GB tier and have the change effective at the beginning of your NEXT billing cycle.

Hope this helps.

richie72846
Novice

Sounds like the best thing to do is just pay the $15 overage and just stick with the current plan.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

That is certainly an option. Keep in mind that would be $5 more expensive than switching to the 3 GB plan and then switching back. Additionally, if you are currently receivinng any employer discounts, that is taken off your data charge but I don't think you get the same discount on data overages.

Either way, not doing anything would certainly be the easiest thing to do, even if it is more expensive.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta