cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Will Verizon block robocalls for us now that the FCC allows it?

HeyJose
Miembro

The Federal Communications Commission has just made it clear that customers can ask carriers to block illegal robocalls and spam messages for them -- and that telcos can legally do so. I get a ton of illegal texts and calls and I am on the do-not-call registry. This is very annoying especially at work. Will Verizon step up and do the right thing and block these for us?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/19/fcc-robocalls/

Labels (1)

Re: Will Verizon block robocalls for us now that the FCC allows it?

SusanSch
Miembro

I will be happily surprised when- and if- Verizon answers this.  Neither Verizon Wireless nor Verizon landline services has shown any interest in doing anything -although it has suggested that consumers purchase call blocking devices and sign up for the useless Do Not Call registry.

0 Me gusta

MiiHere
Leader

You can also report them, scroll to the bottom:

Phone Scams | Consumer Information

0 Me gusta

SusanSch
Miembro

Unfortunately,many telemarketers ignore the do not call lists.

Phineasfrog
Miembro

Verizon, we NEED this.  To be fair it is a regulatory issue the government needs to address.  But communications companies have lobbyists and policy input.  Individuals do not.

I am on the do not call list.  They can not be reported because they are using caller ID spoofing.  You can not report the company the callers claim to represent because they are an intermediary call center, making a jump through a caller ID spoofing service.  Unfortunately this is currently legal, and not getting the attention it deserves.

Specific number blocking does not work.  Because they are using caller ID spoofing.

I am a consultant with customers around the country.  Not answering is not an option.  This is not just an annoyance.  It is a serious business issue for your professional customers.

Since it is robo-dialing they do not have "to get your number".  They will find it by trial and error.