cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Will I still be eligible for my upgrade discount after the August 13th plan changes?

Wildfire9
Miembro

We have a 2-year contract, recently renewed, for our family plan.  My phone is eligible for an upgrade with discount but I hear 2-year plans will be no more after August 13th (thanks for the advance notice!).  I would like to wait to upgrade for when the new iPhone comes out. 

Will my upgrade discount no longer apply after the 13th? If not, I would get a phone now to take advantage of the discount. 

I don't want to have to pay full price for a 128G iPhone7 Plus (probably about $900).  I also do not want to roll this price into my monthly payments.

I called customer service but did not get a clear enough answer (they didn't know).

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Will I still be eligible for my upgrade discount after the August 13th plan changes?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Wildfire9,

I understand your concern regarding our new plans and upgrading to a new phone. You are an existing customer which means you can keep your existing plan, as well as your upgrade options.  If someone starts service on August 13th or after they will have to move to our new plans and device options.  Keep in mind this is subject to change. More details will be available on August 13th.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: Will I still be eligible for my upgrade discount after the August 13th plan changes?

Weth
Líder Sénior

You always paid full price for the phone, you were just tricked into thinking you did not. The Old way you would pay $399 up front for the $900 phone. But your access fee would be $15 to $25 more per month. So you really ended up paying $399 plus the $40 upgrade fee (which was really just a way to add $40 to the phone), and $25 time 24 ($600). So the $399 top of the line phone was really $399 plus $600 or $999. Not a great deal anyway.

The new plans and what Edge did before them is give you the monthly discount on the access fee, and make you pay the real cost of the phone divided over 24 months. The end was the same or usually slightly better for you.

We won't know for sure, but it looks like contracts will be gone. This is not a bad thing.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Wildfire9,

I understand your concern regarding our new plans and upgrading to a new phone. You are an existing customer which means you can keep your existing plan, as well as your upgrade options.  If someone starts service on August 13th or after they will have to move to our new plans and device options.  Keep in mind this is subject to change. More details will be available on August 13th.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

lewisr13
Leader

Wildfire,

I'd be very weary of the reply from TionnaB, from what I've read and seen I don't believe that you will have an upgrade option of getting a discounted phone like you have in the past, but I may be wrong. It seems no one will know until it's too late. 

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

You are an existing customer which means you can keep your existing plan, as well as your upgrade options.

I think the rep meant that they CAN upgrade, since after 8-13 you can upgrade anytime provided the phone is paid off.  However in their case, after contract end, they can keep their plan and they can upgrade to a new phone, just not with the subsidized price.  More like a play on words and interpretation.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

lewisr13,

We want to make sure you know what to expect! That's important. Even after the 13th current customers with a current plan will still be able to upgrade at discounted pricing with a two year agreement. Things can change in the future but no change has been made to this at this time.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

So, current customers can continue the 2 year upgrades and contracts.  Only new customers are held to the pay in full or DPP options.  New customers are the ones who cannot upgrade at 2 years, and any current customer who is month to month or out of contract is unable to do so.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

I Suspect this will be something the customer needs to know and ask for and not necessarily offered. 

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Oh, no doubt.  The DPP will be the hard-sell.

Highlighted

cowboy65
Miembro

The 2 year contract still there but the phone will cost between 100-200 dallors with a 2 year contract if no contract than you pay full price

0 Me gusta