cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Why won't the voice mail Icon go away?

Seatellite
Miembro

Tired of calling Verizon reps so I'll try my luck here:

Got my phone a while back and all was fine and good, but then I switched to a family plan with my wife and suddenly the voicemail icon won't disappear from my notifications. And every time I check voicemail, I get a pop-up screen asking me if I want to install visual voice mail, which I really don't. I'm not fond of having to turn on data when I'm happily on WiFi just to have to check my VMs (plus trying to access visual voicemail over bluetooth is a nightmare).

Tried calling Verizon reps to make this issue go away, they said they couldn't do anything.

It's already been three months (!!) and after going through all stages of grief, I am now back around to being upset that something like this can't be resolved.

Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Voicemail Icon won't go away

DCS1990
Miembro

I had this issue as well, but had no luck finding an answer in the Community. Just figured out myself that it wasn't the Voicemail app providing the notification, it was the Phone. Go to your apps, view the ALL tab, then select the Phone app and clear the data. I hope you have the same issue I did and this provides a solution.

View solution in original post

sprmankalel
Leader

Have you called *VM and gone into the settings and turned the notifications icon off then hung up and called back to turn it on?

Also, have you tried to disable the Visual Voicemail App on your device?

0 Me gusta

spikeorrn
Miembro

Same issue here - with a twist.  The icon does not show up when someone leaves me a VM.  I have to check VM every so often to pick up messages.  But after I listen to the messages, the icon shows up.  I do not have. Visual voicemail listed in my apps manger.

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

spikeorrn wrote:

Same issue here - with a twist.  The icon does not show up when someone leaves me a VM.  I have to check VM every so often to pick up messages.  But after I listen to the messages, the icon shows up.  I do not have. Visual voicemail listed in my apps manger.

What device do you have?

0 Me gusta

spikeorrn
Miembro

Galaxy s5

0 Me gusta

DCS1990
Miembro

I had this issue as well, but had no luck finding an answer in the Community. Just figured out myself that it wasn't the Voicemail app providing the notification, it was the Phone. Go to your apps, view the ALL tab, then select the Phone app and clear the data. I hope you have the same issue I did and this provides a solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Why won't the voice mail Icon go away?

Acrillix

If you are running into the issue of having a voicemail notification (as in you have a new VM when you actually don't), have someone call your phone and leave a VM and then delete that VM and the notification will go away.

0 Me gusta

rickseiden
Miembro

@DCS1990 escribió:

Thank you!  This solution worked for me!

0 Me gusta