cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why is my iphone 6 using so much data

alyneu88
Miembro

I have recently acquired an iphone 6, and it is burning through a ridiculous amount of data. My previous iphone 5c had the same problem. I am on a family plan with 14 gb of data, and the 3 other people on this plan ever only use around 1 or 2 gb of data each. One of them uses their phone all day long with data turned on, and never goes above 2 gb of data usage. I have the data turned off for every app on my phone except one or two apps at a time. I don't use LTE. I only turn on data when I can't connect to a wifi network, which is usually only for an hour or two a day. Yet I burn through the majority of the 8 or so gb of data left in this plan in a few days, easily. I am concerned because this radical data usage is abnormal for my family and many people i know with iphone 6 phones. The only solution I've seen for this issue so far is to turn off data as much as possible for apps, which I have already done, as you can see. Is there anything wrong with my phone, or can this problem be fixed? Any information or possible explanation is valuable to me at this point.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Why is my iphone 6 using so much data

Community Manager
Community Manager

alyneu88,

A new phone is supposed to be exciting and having to worry about your data usage should not be one of the things on the list. We'd be happy to go over some steps to see what could be causing this usage. You mentioned that the data usage was the same with the 5C so we want to check your usage habits. We do have a new tool that allows you to check to see what the data is being used for on your account. It is called the Data Utilization tool and the great thing about it is that you can access it directly from your My Verizon account online. You can check the information here http://vz.to/1x0qGoh on how to access it.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

What are you using your iPhone to do? Any streaming? I know there have been numerous complaints about data increase on iPhones but I'm not sure what the problem is. Unfortunately, my increased data use is from my own doing (hotspot use for example) so I can't say that I notice any unexplained data increase on my iPhone's.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

alyneu88,

A new phone is supposed to be exciting and having to worry about your data usage should not be one of the things on the list. We'd be happy to go over some steps to see what could be causing this usage. You mentioned that the data usage was the same with the 5C so we want to check your usage habits. We do have a new tool that allows you to check to see what the data is being used for on your account. It is called the Data Utilization tool and the great thing about it is that you can access it directly from your My Verizon account online. You can check the information here http://vz.to/1x0qGoh on how to access it.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta