cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why is my bill so high?

psimpsonuml
Miembro

About six months ago my wife upgraded her phone to the Verizon Edge. Due to the plan she had, we were told that the monthly charge for the phone was $27.50 but due to a special promo on the phone she was getting, it would only be $2.50. This is what happened for six months.

In September, my cousin (also on our plan) was eligible for an upgrade so I went to Online Chat to see what the best deal was for all 3 of us. I knew going into it that my cousin would have the same device payments but without the promo discount. I Was encouraged to switch to the verizon plan and told it wouldn't effect anything

When My cousin went in for an upgrade, they told her about the special promo discount so she would not have device payments either...despite being told otherwise.

I have a chat saved with a Verizon Representative who very clearly listened to me and laid out the costs per line on my phone and how much the total would be. I clearly wouldn't have changed everything around if they had told me that The Verizon Plan cancels out the edge discount......despite it being very clear on the chat they said my phone would be X, and now its X+$70.

What is going on Verizon?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: The Verizon Plan ve Edge

MiiHere
Leader

When you were on the previous plan your wife's phone was getting a $25 line access fee discount for buying a phone on Edge,now known as the Device Payment Plan. All customers who bought a phone on Edge were getting a $15 discount or $25 discount on the line access fee, it was based on the amount of data you were paying for. When you moved to the new plan, that discount went away and your wife's line went from a line access fee amount of $15 to the new plans $20 per line. That accounts for a $5 increase.

Were you also getting a month2month discount for any lines out of contract? Those would have gone away too and like your wife's phone, the line access fee would have gone from $15 to $20. If you had phones still in a 2 year contract, those line access fees would have stayed at the same $40 until the contract end date.

If you want to include the current plan you're on, how many phones you have in a 2 year contract, out of contract, edge/dpp amounts etc. we can look to make sure that your bill is indeed correct.

Unfortunately now that you've switched you can't go back, the previous plans are no longer available so the option to put you back in it isn't available.

0 Me gusta

MiiHere
Leader

When you were on the previous plan your wife's phone was getting a $25 line access fee discount for buying a phone on Edge,now known as the Device Payment Plan. All customers who bought a phone on Edge were getting a $15 discount or $25 discount on the line access fee, it was based on the amount of data you were paying for. When you moved to the new plan, that discount went away and your wife's line went from a line access fee amount of $15 to the new plans $20 per line. That accounts for a $5 increase.

Were you also getting a month2month discount for any lines out of contract? Those would have gone away too and like your wife's phone, the line access fee would have gone from $15 to $20. If you had phones still in a 2 year contract, those line access fees would have stayed at the same $40 until the contract end date.

If you want to include the current plan you're on, how many phones you have in a 2 year contract, out of contract, edge/dpp amounts etc. we can look to make sure that your bill is indeed correct.

Unfortunately now that you've switched you can't go back, the previous plans are no longer available so the option to put you back in it isn't available.

0 Me gusta

Ruthhine1950
Miembro

We have been customers for many years. Now we are both seniors and money is not like it once was. We haven’t bought a phone in a couple of years only after my IPHONE disabled itself and my IPAD disabled itself. The phone happened on Christmas Day. I was driving when it did it. I hate not getting to talk to a person. How can I!

0 Me gusta

Ruthhine1950
Miembro

I’m not a dummy, I don’t understand what the edge is and having to discuss my account in this way makes me angry. This is only a way to further distance yourself from having a connection with your customers. I need a person or we are changing phones companies. 

glitchedpixel

You're responding to a thread from 2015...changing carriers isn't going to get you the help you're seeking.

0 Me gusta

boringusername

@Ruthhine1950 wrote:

I’m not a dummy, I don’t understand what the edge is and having to discuss my account in this way makes me angry. This is only a way to further distance yourself from having a connection with your customers. I need a person or we are changing phones companies. 

Why are you repsonding to a post from 3 1/2 years ago? And why are you angry at them? The Edge plan doesn't even exist anymore. Also this isn't customer service this a customer to customer forum. that means it's place for customers to talk with each other. occasionally a rep will answer queations but you have to start a post and mrk it as a question. Otherwise call customer service. You don't even state what you are so angry about anyway

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

@Ruthhine1950 wrote:

Edge WAS a phone purchase on a payment plan. You can still purchase a phone on a payment plan but it is just not called Edge any longer.

You can speak with a person by going in to a Verizon corporate store or by calling CS @ 800-922-0204.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We always want to make sure you have a working device that can make phone calls, and keep you connected. Can you provide us with more details about what happened with your devices? Have you had the opportunity to review replacement options with an agent? We are here to help. BreannaH_VZW

0 Me gusta