cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Why is a random number and why is it showing up on mu usage details?

ALILAR28
Miembro

[removed] this number keeps showing up on mine and my husbands messages usage log. Neither one of us recognize the number and we are unable to call it as it says that its an invalid number. When we look at our messages log it shows that we sent a pic/video to this number and then this number sends us 3 or 4 picture/video messages back. I have not received anything in my texts with the timestamps provided. Please help me figure out where this number is coming from and how I can get it to stop.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Why is a random number and why is it showing up on mu usage details?

jav6

Have you done an internet search on the number?  Sometimes, other people will report issues with numbers like this and a search will show some interesting results.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Me gusta

bearone21
Leader

you called it or someone called you.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jav6, we appreciate that info. ALILAR28, seeing these number pop up would be alarming to me as well. Where are you showing that these numbers are listed? What messaging app are you using on the device?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is definitely a strange report you are seeing on your end. Our goal is to help you and guide you in finding the information you are looking for. To better assist you, we'd like to ask some questions about these logs and your devices. What happened that made you need to look at these logs? Which make and model devices are you retrieving these logs from?

AbrahamS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

VRM326
Miembro

I have an iphone and my husband has an android. Neither of us have actually received or sent anything to/from the unknown number in the text log. I was looking for a phone number that I had deleted out of my phone but I knew I had sent a text to the number so I logged into my verizon account and checked the text log. I saw a phone number I didnt recognize and it was saying that I sent and received picture/video messages to/from that number but I never had any communication with that phone number. Then I checked my husbands and noticed the same thing was on his text log but a different number.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

VRM326, thanks for the clarification into how this happened, I want to help ensure this isn't some type of reporting error on our side and that your usage details regarding text messages are accurate going forward. I can see how finding this number in your text history can be concerning.

So I can better assist, I've sent you a direct message to your inbox to further investigate this for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

AlanS_VZW

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

ALILAR28, to see a random number in your text usage history is odd to say the least and I want to help figure out how this happened exactly so we can work towards a resolution. Do you or your husband use any other type of 3rd party texting applications? Have there been any recent changes to your plan, devices or features on the account since you noticed this issue?

AlanS_VZW

0 Me gusta

ALILAR28
Miembro

AlbertoR_VZW, I am seeing these number pop up in mine and my husbands line of service messages log. They are showing that we are sending a message to the number and that it is a picture/video message, then the number sends multiple messages to us that are picture/video messages. We don't actually recieve anything for the time stamps given. The messaging app that we use is the Verizon messages+ that is provided with the Verizon phones that we purchased. I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 and my husband has a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

0 Me gusta

ALILAR28
Miembro

AbrahamS_VZW,

To answer your question about what took place to make me access these logs, well it wasn't me that accessed them until my husband brought it up. He will look through our logs to make sure that I am not messaging someone that I shouldn't be. (Don't ask or judge please). He noticed these numbers come up and asked me about them so I looked into it myself because I don't have the number saved in my phone or as a recently contacted number. When I looked at his Message Log he also was showing the same instances just with a slightly different number used. Also, the make and model that we are retrieving the logs from are our Samsung devices. Mine is a Samsung Galaxy 8 and his is a Note 8. We use the browser to access these logs directly through the MyVerizon page.

0 Me gusta