cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why is Verizon using Asurion, which is a scam?

Miembro

After my phone screen cracked, I walked into my local Verizon store to ask them for help fixing it. They directed me to Asurion, whom I paid by credit card to send a technician to my house. The technician never showed up and that was the last I heard from Asurion. When I called repeatedly to request a refund, they either hung up on me or put me on permanent hold. Asurion does not appear to be a functional entity and has terrible reviews all over the internet, including multiple lawsuits. Why is Verizon relying on such a sketchy non-service?

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Why is Verizon using Asurion, which is a scam?

Expert

All of the carriers use Asurion for the phone insurance.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

A) All carriers use it. B) You can get phone insurance on your own. You don't have to get it through a carrier

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

It’s not a scam.  It’s just a product priced to provide a service, while still making a profit. 

I think it's a bad product.  Almost none of the new phones are covered for the cheap screen repair.  (And by new, I mean any phone under 2 years may not be covered).  Which means full deductible for a refurbished replacement.  

I self insure by putting $10 a month, per phone aside.   In 20 years we only had 3 losses all the extra money goes to buying new phones as needed.  So not only insurance, but a 'new phone' fund.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is actually a sound idea. Not a fan of Asurion myself. Why drop $13 a month for a what-if chance + high deductible when you can just get a new phone?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

I stopped doing the math 4 years ago, but at the time, with $9 premiums on my phones I had some where between $5,000 to $7,000 to play with. 

I don't use installments.  I use Best buy for upgrades as they often have deals to take money off up front.  got my last upgrade, Galaxy S9 $400 off with trade in of S7. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

glitchedpixel wrote:

This is actually a sound idea. Not a fan of Asurion myself. Why drop $13 a month for a what-if chance + high deductible when you can just get a new phone?

Yep these same people don't even bother to get a case they think "well I have insurance". And it'll take days to get a replacement it will be a refurb and might not even be the same model. Also he only difference between the $9 insurance and the $13 one is the "tech coach" which is useless. I fit's ben say 15 months it would be cheaper to just pay off the balance of the phone than to pay $13 a month plus $199 deductible

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are sorry to see about what happened to your phone and the experience you've had trying to get it fixed. We recommend that you try to contact Asurion one more time , and please let us know if you were able to get a refund. You can contact Asurion directly at: 1-888-881-2622

Monica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I'm having the same issue with Asurion.  The offer a replacement service for cracked screens, but never intended to satisfy their part of the bargain. 

The terms state they will replace the screen "IF" parts are available.  My phone is less than 2 months old, how can there be no parts available?  The Note 10 was just released in the last 6 months. 

I've been on hold them over an hour, getting put on hold over and over again.

Finally, got escalated to the CEO's office and am getting the same run around.  They are keeping me on hold hoping I just give in. 

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

tomlearned1, With Asurion screen repair, they'll only replace the screen if they have the OEM parts available. As a result, if they do not have the display screen available for repairs, then a replacement option is provided instead.

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes