cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Why is Verizon now throttling speeds in non-Peak hours?

Miembro

I have been with Verizon since 2007 and have really enjoyed their service. However their little quirks have gone to shhh over the last couple of years. Their prior unlimited plan I signed into in February was nice and easy to understand. And after I passed around 20gb I expected the throttle in peak hours. However, this wasn't terrible because I did a lot of work in the midnight hours that were non-peak hours. They even specifically stated they only throttled in congested periods during the peak hours. Now however, since they [Removed] everyone over with their multiple unlimited plans last month after gaining millions of new subscribers they have begun throttling in the non-peak hours.

Been hearing a lot of good things from a global carrier a lot of my co-workers currently use, and Verizon service is not the king it once was. This latest bait and switch tactic they used to gain subscribers was a pretty low tactic by a company. Not much unlike when they tried to charge people for using their debit cards to pay their bill. I'll give them another month or 2 to stop throttling in non-peak hours before I leave their service behind for another company with better service that provides the exact same plans.

Before their associates dressed up as regular customers come running to defend this [Removed], do a Google search. These new plans, and their bait and switch tactic, are being trashed all over the web.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Why is Verizon now throttling speeds in non-Peak hours?

Asistencia al cliente

brain0, we appreciate that you've chosen Verizon as your wireless provider, and we don't want to see you leave. I can provide some clarification regarding Network Management. While on our Beyond Unlimited plan, your line may be subject to network management once 22GB has been used. On Go Unlimited, you may be under network management at any time. Network Management means that if the network happens to be congested at that time, your data may be temporarily queued behind other users until it is no longer busy. While we can predict that you may experience this more at certain times when usage is likely to be at it's peak, this can occur at anytime, depending on how many users are accessing the network. You can find out more about Network Management at the link below:

http://spr.ly/65888Ngx6

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Its because theyve found a way to milk more money out of us, they didn't think their plan over before releasing it, so they had to find ways to not only cut contracts and customers, but also charge us to use what we need instead of what we signed up for,

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I took the bait and changed from my tiered plan to unlimited.   Ever since, my hot spot has become useless, even with a strong 4G signal, it is very, very slow to connect using my laptop.  Prior to switch g it was great.  No slow connect at all.

Highlighted

Novice

I know hiw you feel, we got the unlimited the second it was available, it was great, for months, then a cpl weeks ago. Everything changed, I only use my phone for a hotspot, if switch to a jetpack but that's even worse with unlimited, you pay for unlimited but with the data only plans, you basically only get 15gigs, then it get so slow its unusable, my only hope is that if enough of us keep complaining or even leaving they'll fix it, honestly if I'm paying 1,000 a m9nth for service, why would it even matter how I use it

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

You're 100% right, I've done extensive research on this, but the 600kbs is the real problem for me,

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I just switched back to my 12GB plan rather than unlimited - will see if it

improves my hotspot service. Since most of my time is spent with WIFI

service (home and car), the 12GB should be plenty. It was before I switch

to unlimited. Will see how it goes.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Good luck

0 Likes