cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why has Verizon forgot about the importance of keeping existing customers happy?

ANAHKA_7
Miembro

I've been a customer of Verizon since 1999. I've always had excellent help from staff in the stores and over the phone customer support. That is until recently. I fully supported and prefer the 2-year contract deals. You'd get a brand new phone for cheap and could upgrade every 2 years. Switching to a monthly plan would be fine, but you still need to offer incentives and deals to keep customers. A buy 1 get 1 free of the same phone after adding a new line isn't a deal because such a niche group of people actually fall into that category. A deal is something that appeals to the larger masses. A buy 1 get 1 free of mixed manufactures without the requirement of adding a new line is a deal. There is nothing to prevent customer's from bouncing around to different cell phone carriers to take advantage of deals being offered to new customers. Has Verizon forgotten that basic business concept that its cheaper to keep an existing customer than attracting a new one?

Labels (1)

Re: Why has Verizon forgot about the importance of keeping existing customers happy?

Ann154
Expert

There have been deals for existing customers that don't involve adding a new line of service. You just have to pay attention to all the deals and terms to determine whether you qualify or not.

For example, I last purchased a new phone on the DPP agreement with a deal that refunded part of the purchase in bill credits over 24 months. When that agreement is completed, I will be watching the deals for the next few months to see if there is one that I qualify for and appeals to me.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Why has Verizon forgot about the importance of keeping existing customers happy?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We value your long-time loyalty here with us, Anahka_7. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. I will certainly submit your feedback. Our goal is to provide you with the best promotions. You can find details on our latest promotions using this link. vzw.com/deals Are you experiencing any issues with your current devices?

Gerson_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

glitchedpixel

You do know you actually paid more under a 2 year contract not less under the same 24 months, right?

Let's take the iPhone SE. Under the old 2 year, it cost 99c which you might be thinking is dirt cheap. However, you get charged $40 under contract for those 2 years. Under device payment, you get charged $20 for the line and $16.66 for the payment or $36.66 vs $40. Suddenly that 99c phone isn't much of a deal.

*This example is based off then current pricing when VZW still did 2YR.

0 Me gusta

ANAHKA_7
Miembro

This is complete gibberish and doesn't make any sense. This logic seems like sales ploy to convince you of something that's not true. I've been on my current account since 2004, so my monthly plan has been grandfathered in repeatedly. For arguments sake let's just say my monthly bill is $100 including everything (taxes, minutes, data, insurance, etc.). This stays the same whether I'm on a 2 year contract or switch to the device payment plan.

Under a 2-year contract I would pay $400 in store (including phone, taxes, fees, etc.). My monthly bill stays the same and I just got 50-75% off retail price for a phone. The only downside is now I'm stuck with Verizon for the next 2 years, but I wasn't planning on leaving anyway, so not actually a downside.

Now with the device payment plan, I pay roughly $150 in the store for the sales tax and upgrade fee. My monthly bill goes up $35 a month, so now my monthly bill is $135. Downside is no discount off retail price, increased monthly bill, and i'm still stuck with Verizon until the phone is paid off in full.

So tell me again how you think you're saving money by paying full price for a brand new cell phone?

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

If you have been on the same plan since 2004, you are likely on the Nationwide Plan. This is a grandfathered plan which Verizon has been trying to get rid of for quite some time. Without knowing your usage habits, it is hard to say whether or not it would be beneficial to go with a newer plan, but it may very well be to your advantage to do so. Simply saying your bill is $100 including everything does not really help in determining if it would be beneficial to switch plans, however you can get a shared data plan(with only one line) including everything for ~$65 which would bring your bill UP TO $100(what you currently pay) when you purchase a phone on a payment plan($35 payment you indicated) AND you wouldn't have to pay that $400 in store.

As far as I know, Verizon has stopped all incentives to stay on this older grandfathered plan except for employer discounts if you qualify. This would include the incentive for 2 yr contracts for a reduced price phone. All of the incentives are now on newer plans which is Verizon's attempt to get you off of the older plans.

0 Me gusta

ANAHKA_7
Miembro

Verizon has already confirmed that my current monthly plan is cheaper than what's being offered. Switching to a new plan and getting a brand new device without any deal will raise my monthly bill by $35.

You people need to stop telling me the "new" setup is cheaper . IT'S NOT!!! I've done the math. Maybe you got some deal and it's working out that way for, but it's not for me you just don't care to listen. I've been a Verizon customer since 1999. They should be throwing loyalty stuff at me for all the praise I've given them over 19 years. Instead I'll spend the rest of my life telling everyone how horrible they treat their customers.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

ANAHKA_7 wrote:

You people need to stop telling me the "new" setup is cheaper .

I am certainly not saying the "new" setup is cheaper because I have no way of knowing what you have in order to compare. You are simply saying it is NOT. For me to tell you it is cheaper would require me to know what you currently have, so I have no idea whether or not the "new" setup is cheaper.

0 Me gusta

ANAHKA_7
Miembro

The bottom line is that for 18 years I've had great customer service with great deals and now suddenly I'm getting neither.

Ann154
Expert

Deal for existing customers and no trade-in required. Moto Z2 Play - Transforma el tuyo con Moto Mods | Verizon Wireless

50% off with qualified trade-in. Galaxy S9 - Colores, reseñas, precio | Verizon Wireless

That's just two options available for EXISTING customers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta