cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why does Verizon state my voicemail is full when it isn’t?

DIATEN80
Miembro

How can I fix this problem? People are told my voicemail is full when it hold just 3 messages not 40. When I’ve deleted messages, it still states that it’s full. I have an iPhone 6s with the latest software 11.3 Any help is much appreciated as I’m missing important messages.

Gracias,

D.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Why does Verizon state my voicemail is full when it isn’t?

DIATEN80
Miembro

Joe, basically there are two voicemail systems with different companies - Verizon and Apple in my case. Both systems combine to fill your voicemail even if you don't see all these messages on your phone. To check the number of new and saved voicemails in Verizon Wireless's email system you have to do the following:

1. Use your phone and call *86. (Texting it doesn't work.)

2. It will ask for your passcode to allow you to listen to these voicemails. This passcode may be different from your Verizon password. Mine was different though I have no idea what it was. To change it, you can do the following - Go to Settings on your phone. Click on "Phone" under Settings. You'll see "Change Voicemail Password" Click on it and you'll have the option to change your passcode to a 4 or 6 digit number.)

3. Once you've called *86 and used your passcode you'll be able to listen to any voicemails in Verizon's system. (You can delete them without listening to more than the start of each by clicking on number 7.)

I had 29 new messages that weren't visible in my iphone voicemail. I also had 5 saved messages that didn't show up on my iphone's system.

Again, all of the voicemails in both systems combine to fill your voicemail system causing the filled inbox problem. Once cleaned, my phone now accepts voice messages again.

I hope this helps.

Ann154
Expert

Have you dialed into your voicemail instead of looking at the voicemail screen on the iPhone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

DIATEN80, I completely understand how concerning it can be when voicemail issues like these come about. I know how important voicemail retrieval can be and I will be more than happy to go through some steps to ensure that this is resolved. Can you please describe how you are accessing and deleting your voicemails? How long has this been happening for?

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

DIATEN80
Miembro

I go to my voicemail, open a specific voicemail message and push delete. It’s gone from my saved voicemail messages. Currently, there are 3 saved messages and a little box comes up when I click on voicemail. It states that my voicemail is full!

0 Me gusta

DIATEN80
Miembro

This problem has been happening off and on for about a month. Since the last iphone software upgrade.

Community Manager
Community Manager

A month is way to long for you to have this issue Diaten80. I am sure we will figure this out. I would like you to dial *86 and press send on your phone. Once you are in your voicemail box, I would like you to see if you have any voicemail there. If you do please delete and retry. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/ Select option " Using VoiceMail" 

Keep me posted. 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

DIATEN80
Miembro

Dear Verizon “Support” person,

I’ve tried to follow your advice but after using text messaging to send the *86, I’m asked to use a password. I’ve tried my Verizon password but it wasn’t accepted. I’ve tried my phone’s password but it wasn’t accepted. I tried my Verizon password again. This didn’t work and I received a notice that my account has been locked. It suggested I go to my verizon and put in a new pin. I was asked for my existing pin - my Verizon password. This worked fine there.

I’m totally frustrated by the time it’s taken over days with no help.

Atentamente,

Diane

0 Me gusta

DIATEN80
Miembro

What pin does it want? I obviously have not used *86 in the past and have no idea how to get into it since it’s not my Verizon password.

D.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

It wants the voicemail password. This can be different from the billing pin or password you use to access your MyVerizon account online. You should be able reset your voicemail password through your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

DIATEN80
Miembro

Ann, I went to the website and couldn’t find any place to access my voicemail or change voicemail passwords. Ann, you’re very difficult and while you may know things you don’t know how to teach people to resolve problems.

I used online chat to discuss the issue with another Verizon support member. It’s taken over 30 minutes to both change the pin and try to resolve a problem with 29 mystery ”new voicemail messages” that I hear about but that show up only in Verizon’s system but nowhere on my phone.

I don’t understand why Verizon doesn’t work with my iPhone but it doesn’t. I don’t understand why Verizon’s “voicemail” doesn’t reflect the same messages that my iphone’s voicemail system shows.

It’s far more complicated than necessary to have two separate Verizon passwords and two separate systems that don’t work with one another.

I hope that you’ll pass my thoughts along to Verizon Wireless. It’s a shame that in over 5 days you weren’t able to provide meaningful help.

Atentamente,

Diane

0 Me gusta