cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: Why does Verizon Wireless not honor their Black Friday Deal?

Miembro

I had the same problem two years ago with a cyber Monday. I still haven't received the last hundred dollars they owe me!!! Seems like they are only interested in getting new customers or running current customers bills up by trying to get them to add lines in order to get sales on phones. Or not giving promised trade in value. Seems like loyal customer get messed up!!!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

antonf, I wanted to reply to tell you that you are not the only one.

I ordered a Samsung S9 from the Samsung site on 11/23 and assumed I got the $400 discount.  But my first bill showed a $200 discount.  I called Verizon support and they said the order did not come to them until 11/28 which was a $200 promotion/discount for that day.  The told me to call Samsung support, which I did today and they are aware of this issue for multiple people and I was told they are working with Verizon to resolve this.  They opened a support ticket for me and associated it with the larger issue.  I recommend you make sure Samsung opened a ticket for you, and if you have an account on the website you can view the updates on the ticket.

Hopefully Samsung and Verizon will resolve this issue because I bet quite a few people have this issue and don't even know yet if they didn't check there Bill yet. 

Only item I ask of Verizon support is to make your support team aware of this and direct users/customers to the Samsung line instead of each Customer support rep looking into the issue and finally saying "We cannot help you, Call Samsung" after about 30 minutes.

0 Likes
Highlighted

VIPER111 wrote:

antonf, I wanted to reply to tell you that you are not the only one.

I ordered a Samsung S9 from the Samsung site on 11/23 and assumed I got the $400 discount.

Why would you assume that? Verizon deals are on the Verizon website not Samsung. There is nothing for Verizon to honor. Why not use the Verizon site to begin with? Why bother buying through Samsung? That like me asking Wal-Mart to "honor" a deal from Target.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I ordered via the Samsung website since this was the best deal out there by $200.  I also ordered a Pixel 3 for my spouse via the Verizon site as well because of price.  To be honest I would have preferred to buy direct from Verizon but the $200 extra was a better deal for my family.

And the Samsung deal (per verizon support and Samsung support) was a valid Verizon deal only via the Samsung site.  Like to OP said even Verizon local stores said the deal was valid per Verizon.  Just like buying from any authorized Verizon dealer. 

The Walmart/Target example is very different since Samsung is offering these deals for Verizon customers (and new Verizon customers) only since they work with Verizon directly.  I could see if I ordered a unlocked phone fromfebay and wanted Verizon to give me a promotion/discount, but this was Verizon only and durning the purchase process had to verify my Verizon account with a login to VZ on the Samsung site.  So they are working together on the purchase/deal.

Per support Samsung is working with Verizon on this issue and it seems to be a Samsung mistake on  proccessing the orders after the larger deal expired. 

My assumption of the full promotion discount is based on the Samsung documtaion/fine print and the fact Verizon verified it before hand.

0 Likes
Highlighted

You are demanding $400 from Verizon to "honor" a deal you admit only stated was for $200. And not even bought through Verizon. So what's your issue? you got $200 off.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

VIPER111, thank you for sharing your story.

Here is my status:

I finally received the $400 off Black Friday device promotional discount from Verizon.

As I said in my original post I bought the Verizon Wireless' phone from Samsung web site on 11/23/2018 with Verizon Wireless' $400 off promotional discount.

After I realized that Verizon did not want to honor the deal

1. I forced Verizon to open up and escalate the ticket for me regarding the Black Friday Deal discrepancy,

2. I was in communication with Samsung regarding the Verizon Wireless' Black Friday deal and got the confirmation that my order fully satisfied the deal,

3. Followed up with the ticket that VW opened up for me. I was not surprised when Verizon Wireless CS told me that the ticket was closed with the "need more info" resolution. Nobody from Verizon even bothered to call me...

4. Escalated the case again all the way up to Support Coordinator, provided all documents from Black Friday deal(including screens from Verizon/Samsung web sites) and confirmation emails that I received from Samsung.

And voila, I got my Galaxy S9+ with $400 off VW Black Friday deal.

good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I'm currently having the same problem.  I'm only getting $200 for my Note 9 instead of $400 like advertised because Verizon got the order 2 days after I actually placed it with Samsung, as evidenced by the order confirmation from Samsung.  The Verizon chat agent has said he escalated the problem.  After that chat, I contacted Samsung and confirmed that I should receive $400 in promotional credits based on the time of my order.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I did purchase directly from a Verizon Rep on the phone while sitting on a Verizon corporate store.  I was told by the store rep that the offer on my phone... sent to me by verizon on my app was better than their current store promotion.  They told me to call Verizon and have it processed for an in store pick-up. Which I did.  When the first bill came the discount was not applied.  I called Verizon and they said they would apply the discount.  A week or two later I received a call from Verizon saying they were removing the discount because I "didn't accept it on my phone" so they have no record of it.  Neither salesperson, in person or on the phone, stated I had to "accept it".  The phone said purchase now.... I didn't want the order to get messed up so I called to speak to a person.... and now they have no record of the offer or phone conversation.  I thought  those were recorded?

I too waited for the offer, it was $300 ofc of the purchase of a Samsung 10e.  I could have had a $200 discount from the store.  I received no discount, my device dollars were not applied and my corporate discount was removed as well. I've been a customer for years, this is the worst customer service I've ever received.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

That is never how we want you to feel, JGT6. I know how important it is to receive the offer you were promised when you purchased the device. Please look over our many contact methods here so you can reach out to us and we can look into this for you: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes