cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why does Verizon Wireless not honor their Black Friday Deal?

Miembro

On Black Friday(11/23/2018) I ordered a Samsung S9+ from Samsung's website with Verizon Wireless's promotional deal of $400 off.

Before ordering, I went to my local Verizon Wireless store and triple-checked that despite the fact that the phone was listed on Samsung's website, Verizon will honor their $400 off promotion that was listed there. There was even small print which said that this should fall under Verizon Wireless payment method for 24 months and the calculation was -$16 per payment. In total that was $400 dollars. So I ordered the phone.

I received the phone two days ago, activated it, and was very surprised seeing just -$8.44 Device Promotional Discount in my Feature Billing on Verizon Wireless, My Account web page. I called the CS and spent literally an hour and a half listening for different and sometimes contradictory information.

First I was told that the promotion is in place and I will receive the credit by the end of 24 months period.

Then I was told that I bought the phone at 11/28 and this is why I should not be qualified for Black Friday Promotional.

After that, I was told that since I ordered the phone from Samsung's website I am not qualified for the device promotion at all.

After that, when I pointed out that I did receive $200 Device promotional discount, I was told that that $200 discount was for different purchase, etc.

I called Samsung's Customer Support today. The customer service representative told me that there is a record in the order notes that my order is qualified for $400 Promotional Discount. He also told me that I have just 15 days to return the phone.

So I am currently under impression that Verizon is trying to come up with any possible excuses to avoid giving me this Black Friday Promotional. This is very disappointing considering that I bought the phone as a gift just due to the Black Friday Promotion. Turns out that I will have to send it back and at this moment I am not even sure if I will stay with Verizon at all.

So the question I have is why does Verizon not honor their own Black Friday Deal?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Why does Verizon Wireless not honor their Black Friday Deal?

Miembro

I'm going through a similar issue.  Instead of a $200 rebate, I tried to get them to honor their 14 day price guarantee policy when they dropped prices.  Canceled my phone order, was going to reorder online at the lower price, they conveniently had issues on their side with processing the cancellation, so I couldn't reorder the phones that day at the lower rate (Cyber Monday).  I've been trying to get them to fix it ever since Cyber Monday and have been in contact with no less than ten different Verizon reps.  None of which follow up after publicly replying to my posts and sending an initially private message.

You're best option is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and hope that forces Verizon's hand.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Empleado de Verizon

We always want all our valuable customers to get the promotional offer they should be getting with us, antonf. We certainly do not want to lose a wonderful customer like you.

We do apologize, but the promotional offer you are referring to is showing an offer available when placing the order directly with us or at an authorized deal store location. Researching the Black Friday offer, we are not seeing that ordering from Samsung would qualify you for an offer presented by us.

Typically, when ordering directly from the manufacturer, you would get the offers that they provided. Many times the offers would be comparable to what we have at the time, but they would come from them and not us.

Also, have you confirmed with Samsung what date and time they completed your order?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Gracias,

This is a very expected answer. What I hear from you is that Samsung just posted Verizon Wireless' Black Friday deal on their web site at their own.

Considering that I have triple-checked with Verizon wireless' representative in the local store and was assured that "Verizon Wireless will honor Black Friday deal" if I order the phone from Samsung.
Also, considering all screenshots that I made at 11/23/2018 from both Samsung's and Verizons' web sites (including the installment loan agreement with Verizon), you just confirmed what I think about Verizon honoring its own deal.

Thank you for the answer.

0 Me gusta

Samsung isn't Verizon Wireless. You were aware this was a limited time deal with Verizon and chose to purchase the phone elsewhere. There is nothing to honor here.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

You said you ordered the phone fort Samsung website not Verizon. Your issue is with Samsung not Verizon. To get Verizon promotion you have to order from Verizon.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

I verified with Samsung's eCommerce department (855-726-8721 7 days a week 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST) that Black Friday $400 off deal has been ran by Verizon Wireless on Samsung's website.

I also received a confirmation from Samsung's eCommerce department that the order I  place 11/23/2018 satisfies Verizon Wireless' Black Friday promotional deal requirements since I ordered Verizon Wireless' phone with Verizon Wireless' 24 months payment plan.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Empleado de Verizon

Broken promises are never acceptable, JABE24. We want to ensure this issue is fully resolved. What make and model phone were you ordering? Please tell us the details of the promotion you were looking to receive.

Lynn_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response
answered your question please click the
Correct
Respuesta
button under my response.
This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for
your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

I expect Verizon to honor their Black Friday Deal and issue me $400 over 24 months payment plan device promotional discount.

So far only $200 device promotional discount applied on my account.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Didn't you say you bought for Samsung not Verizon?

0 Me gusta
Covid19