cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why did you reduce my internet speed to an unusable level?

David_Smith
Miembro

After spending a few months considering the possibility of getting rid of my Comcast internet in favor of a Verizon Jetpack.

I ask some people who had done it and they all said the service was good . . .

So I did it. . . Now my Amazon Firestick  barely works, my email takes about two minutes to load at six in the morning, and I remember fondly the days when my modem and the boingy sound over and over as AOL tried to find a socket to connect to. The Verizon site itself took nearly a minute and a half to load, so much for the service. Forget about You Tube, Facebook, Netflix . . . All gone for most of the month.

I really regret having made the switch. The service is very poor and expensive (considering the promises of "unlimited" made by Verizon).

At Verizon, the associate who serviced my need for a Jetpack must have known (but said nothing). I saw no informational promotion which informed me that "If you use video streaming my experience might be intolerably reduced after two days". And Verizon must have known that the entirety of the United States has made the move toward streaming video, so 15 gigabytes of information is about two days of use. Verizon must also have known that anything less than 600 kps would not support streaming. Verizon must have known that contemporary streaming devices have not the buffering capability it might take to buffer, even low density, video using a low bandwidth. This seems a "bait and switch" type of fraud perpetrated by Verizon on the public.

Now:
I am stuck with a service which does not do much for me (less than before I "upgraded").
My family is very unhappy because I got rid of Comcast cable.

The fifteen years old email, which my family, friends, and customers all used, is gone.
The the name of Verizon simply raises endless angry discussion.
I must re-engage with Comcast and wait out my terms of service before changing wireless providers.
I look and feel like a schmuck for believing Verizon was a good company to do business with.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Why did you reduce my internet speed to an unusable level?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David Smith,

You deserve exceptional service at all times. We are so happy to have you join in the Verizon Wireless family and would never want to see you go. Let's get this fixed. I have sent you a direct message, please review and respond to this message.

Gracias,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

David_Smith
Miembro

Imagine buying a box of donuts large enough to provide you with one full donut every day for a month, and then finding that the people who sold you the box gave three full donuts and twenty-seven little "donut holes" instead of what they promised was in the box.

The problem is that Verizon introduced one service (significantly unlimited internet), made a name with it and garnered reviews for the good product they had created, and then changed it to a radically limited internet using essentially the same product name, without informing me prior to purchase. This problem could have been avoided at the level of the Verizon Storefront, but the associate who sold me the service and equipment made no mention of the recent changes in contract terms (and this was strange considering I told her specifically why I was buying the products). So now I bought something which I was unaware of buying, and am paying for something which does not have the use value of the thing I believed it to be when I made my purchase decision. (My new Jetpack and the associated service line is mostly useless since I might just have well used one of my existing phones and accounts to much the same effect and with significantly less cost.)

Doubtless that your position is to somehow help me get through the problem which Verizon management has created. (Offer a discount or something of more donut holes, and we can discuss this further if you wish it. . . ) But I really don't see how you might change Verizon service policy, or placate my disappointment with the service I bought which I did not receive. Because part of my Verizon purchase decision I removed Comcast Internet and high definition television, making Verizon my ISP, for as long as it takes for them to fix the problem, or I can find another way to purchase the service I desire.

I did not expect a "bait and switch" this late in the game, by so reputable a company, with which I have so far been happy to do business with. Should you wish to continue this conversation I will be available using only the voice telephone.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hola David.Smith,

Don't go. We work hard to provide accurate information at all times. It saddens me to hear that this did not occur during your switch to Verizon Wireless. We want to review the account for options to help resolve the issue. I have sent you a Direct Message for review and response.

Gracias,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta