cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why did this app use over 2gigs of background data in one night?

mcotter
Miembro

I've used this app for quite awhile now, and suddenly while I was asleep last night it uses over two gigs in background data. This is completely unacceptable. Because of this random and unauthorized use of data, I will probably get charged extra. I realize sometimes apps will use some background data, but I should not have to live in constant worry that my apps are MASSIVE amounts like this in a very brief period of time, completely [removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] me over for the month.

Gracias,

Verizon Moderator

Admin. de Verizon

12584173_10102539093208669_696620122_n.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Why did this app use over 2gigs of background data in one night?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Mcotter- We are here for you! Please keep in mind, if an application is running on your device, it may use data while "tabbed out" (background data). It's definitely unfortunate that so much data was used, but it would be correct. Were you connected to WiFi at all at the time this happened?

Please also ensure you mark this app for "Restrict background data" to ensure it does not happen again.

TylerK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Talk to the developer. Verizon has no control on the apps you download, what you do with those apps or what they do on their own.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

This certainly seems to be a question for the maker of the app, not a question for Verizon. Verizon didn't write the app, nor does it have any control on how much, when or why it uses data.

Possibly some of the reviews of the app could shed some "lite" on your problem...

"It's an ad trap First ten seconds into the app I got trapped in a stream of ads I couldn't get away from. Do not even bother."

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Checking the "restrict background data" likely would have prevented this as well - as it would only use wifi when it's available.

0 Me gusta