Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Re: Data Usage Spike

Community Manager
Community Manager

PFurtado-

It is a pleasure to assist our customers.  Please keep us posted on your findings.  We want to make sure all of your concerns are addressed.  We're online when you need us at http://bit.ly/yN1P80.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

As far as I can tell, my husband doesn't have Download booster anywhere within the settings on his Note 2. However,  his Wi-Fi during sleep was also already set to "Always."  With this being said, I still don't have an answer for the data spike. With my mobile data turned off all day, and the settings discussed  in place, I still managed to use a tiny fraction of data today via OS Services and Backup and Restore Agent.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

I have been having this problem as well and am a new Verizon customer. I haven't even gotten my first bill yet and have had to up my data plan twice already because of overages!! I had 3GB on my old network and NEVER had any overages and I am now at 75% of 12 GB and still have 13 days left in my billing cycle!! I'm thinking I made a mistake by switching to Verizon!!

Highlighted

Miembro

I saw another thread/post that sounded identical to my situation, as far as using almost 20% of my data literally overnight. I'm a long-time customer, and have never had data issues until this month.

--

Sent from myMail app for Android Friday, 06 November 2015, 07:44PM -05:00 from kcopeland15 < forums@verizonwireless.com> :

>A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

>Data Usage Spike created by kcopeland15 in Data Utilization - View the full discussion

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

One phone on my plan was updated from a Droid X to an iPhone 6S, two months ago. The second day of the first billing showed a 1.02627 gig single data use.  We turned off WiFi assist and no more large data uses rest of that month.  The second day of second billing cycle showed a 1.02208 single data use, with the WiFi assist turned off. It appears that one day a month this phone is using over 1GB of data in a single event.  We have had to basically turn the phone off for data use activities to stay within our 3GB purchased data amount.  Before replacing this phone, we seldom used more than 1GB of data.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Our cycle just reset on the 8th and we seem to be doing okay so far. El

only mobile data I have used has been during my commute to and from work

(background apps) and it's been very small (11MB so far). As a safeguard

though, I installed an app called "My Data Manager" on all three devices

and I am able to view the breakdown of Mobile, Wi-Fi and Roaming for each

line on my phone. If I see a spike, I can look closer and see what app is

causing the spike (nothing so far). My husband has not used any data so far

this month, nor has the tablet, as mobile data is generally disabled on

both. I'm just going to keep an eye on it. I've also turned on Mobile Data

on my phone while at home. This is just to make sure it is not using Mobile

Data when connected to Wi-Fi, so I can see if that is an issue as well. So

far so good. I'm not sure if this past month was an anomaly or not, but

we'll know soon enough.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

PFurtado,

This is awesome to hear. Please keep us up to date on any changes. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for any additional questions or concerns. Have a great rest of your day!

JuanDD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

This is total [removed] and i think we should all sue them for this. They can't just charge us for a service that isn't being used and is the fault of the someone. Either Apple or verizon for allowing it.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

Sam thing happened to my wife's phone. I called in 4 different times, each time getting a different answer about what might be causing it. Guess what, it kept happening. I called again today and was told that because she hadn't updated to IOS 9.2, its our fault because some apps may use data without our knowledge. But if we update to 9.2 it will go away. Meanwhile my wife's phone has used 11.5GB of data in a week and they are doing absolutlely nothing to help out. Someone should get sued over this. As a consumer I am enraged and considering moving all of my business to another provider.

0 Me gusta

Miembro

We are having the same problem with my husbands phone. He normally doesn't use a lot of Data however lately it's been 12-16 gigs a month. He doesn't even use his phone that much. We have not updated our phones to iOS 9.2 so I assume the excessive Data usage is our fault? That's ridiculous!

0 Me gusta
Covid19