cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Why did i loose all my promotional gigs?

Miembro

Holding back anger...  I got two phones awhile back.  When I got them, I was told I would get 50 dollar credit for each phone, plus two promotional gigs for EACH phone.  I was also told I could transfer my old number to my new phone, all I needed to do was call Verizon and have them switch it. 

So first, when I called , he did switch my number, no problems...until, I noticed I lost my first two gigs.  Switching my number lost me my two gigs!?  I called to ask why, turns out because I transfered an old line, the NEW phone no longer qualified .  You would think someone might say..."You will loose your gigs though"  ....(oh right this is verizon, they will get you any way they can)*sigh*

To move on...I later recieve a letter saying only one phone now gets the 50 dollar credit.  Thanks again verizon for being so informed and for informing me!  I am now just out 2 gigs each month and 50 dollars. 

But this should be all, right?  Nope!  They can not make good on ANY promises.  So, my daughter ran up the gigs (teenagers)  and i switched plans.  No problem.  Until the next month.  I had to switched plans again.   Went like this, I had the 18 gig plan+ the two promotional gigs.   So 20 gigs.  Once again my daughter ran them up.  So Verizon sent me this wonderful message about uping my plan by 6 gigs more at a good price.  So I typed in "yes",as I did the month before.  But this time my gigs went from 20 to 24....?   So 20 plus 6 is 24????    Guess what, screwed again.  And no, I have not called customer service, because I am sure they will give me some stupid excuse as to why I lost these gigs too.  JUST LIKE LAST TIME.  I mean,  I should have known that switching my number would loose me my first two and my 50.  Their customer service should not have to tell me this!  And of course I should have known I would loose my gigs when i moved plans for the third time. (third time is the charm!)   I am so fed up!!  Like when I kept going into local store (multiple times)  asking why my gigs were going up so fast, asking for a solution. After a few months I called main office and was told how to shut off back ground data.  Problem solved.  Went back to local store asking them why they could not tell me this months ago, when I came to them for help."I am sorry we are only a teir two store"  ??  So thank you verizon for having unqualified employees to screw me out of more money. 

Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Why did i loose all my promotional gigs?

Líder Sénior

I am glad your bonus data came back. But, the change to not keep bonus data just changed at the beginning of July, so even if you did it before, it was suppose to not carry over after the change in early July.

Si me cambio al nuevo Plan Verizon, ¿podré mantener mis datos adicionales?

No, no podrás cambiarte al nuevo Plan Verizon y mantener los datos adicionales.

The new Verizon Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless

and everyone responding to you does not work for Verizon unless their username has VZW in It. We are just customers trying to helpmothers figure out Verizon. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

18 plus 6 is 24. The six gigs are added to the DATA PLAN, not the plan plus the bonus data. Also, you run the risk of losing promotions when you change your plan as is stated in your agreement.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

When you look in My Verizon, do you see the bonus data?

When you updated your data, you actually switched plans to the new Verizon Plan. Unfortunately, in many cases bonus data does not transfer when you change plans. I suspect that is what happened.

You can call back and cancel the data change or understano the bonus data is lost when changing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I guess I would understand your reasoning, if I had not had to switch plans on the months before and still held on to the gigs. 

Besides, tonight I just had to go up again, to 30, and lo and behold, my two promotional gigs are back, I have 32.

So last month I had 18 plus 2 promotional.   Bought the 6 extra, and went to 24.

This month I started with 24, no sign of promotional.  Just bought 6 more.  At first it showed 30.... then it showed 32. 

And this was not just my widget, but on My Verizon. 

Explain that.

Plus how about I clarify on some of the conversation I had after I lost first two.  She explained, that because I switched to an old line, that it no longer qualified for the promotional gigs.  I asked why I was not informed of this before the switch.  No answer on that except she said she would have changed the number differently than what the guy had done and i would have been able to keep my gigs.  Something about keeping my original number, but also keeping the new number, just setting it differently so the calls could come into the new line with the old number.  Instead he shut off new number.  Costing me 50 dollars plus 2 promotional gigs.  So really....I was just fortunate enough to get the incompetent employee first.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Hmm.....  except I had switched plans before and it has not done that.

Here is a thought.....instead of blaming your customer, fix the problem.  If a customer will loose something, tell them.  Instead it feels like a company taking advantage over fine print.   It is called integrity, something this company has not shown since it switched from Alltel. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

I am glad your bonus data came back. But, the change to not keep bonus data just changed at the beginning of July, so even if you did it before, it was suppose to not carry over after the change in early July.

Si me cambio al nuevo Plan Verizon, ¿podré mantener mis datos adicionales?

No, no podrás cambiarte al nuevo Plan Verizon y mantener los datos adicionales.

The new Verizon Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless

and everyone responding to you does not work for Verizon unless their username has VZW in It. We are just customers trying to helpmothers figure out Verizon. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

You aren't my customer. I don't work for Verizon. You assumed that for whatever reason, inaccurately.Now that you explained that you had changed allowances before without LOSING your bonus, it is a curious situation. I'm glad your bonus data returned.

0 Likes