cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why can't I open Verizon Messages?

fuzzy0524
Miembro

Is anyone else having a problem with their messaging app? I was using it fine last night. This morning it won't open at all. I've rebooted my phone 3 times and nothing. My husband's app is working fine. Is this a sign to get a new phone? I haven't finished paying it off yet. ¡Ayuda!

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Verizon messaging app

TubaOrNotTuba
Novice

The solution is to remove and reinstall Verizon Messages.  I did this yesterday and now all my crashing and hanging issues on my LG V20 have disappeared.  You do have to resetup your preferences so know what they are if you're not sure, but it doesn't remove any texts and problem solved.

If, btw, anyone is experiencing smartwatch delays, unpair/factory reset your watch and let it all resync and those problems go away too.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Have you checked for an update to the application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Netta913
Miembro

I'm having the same problem. I checked to see if there was a update but it says there's not one. I thought about uninstalling it and the reinstalling it,but I'm scared to lose the unread messages I have.

0 Me gusta

RachGor1030
Miembro

I'm having the same problem. If i try to open the app its just a white screen. Glad its not just me

0 Me gusta

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Netta913 wrote:

... I checked to see if there was a update but it says there's not one...

If you have auto update set, then it's already been installed.  Check the version, the latest (at this point, 3/22/17 in the am) is 6.4.10.  I'm still on 6.4.9 and it's working.

0 Me gusta

MR_TWSTRS1
Miembro

I'm having same issue on LG v20. Wife uninstalled update from this am and it worked on her phone. Noticed huge power draw with message + update also.

0 Me gusta

lorenb_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

RachGor1030, messaging is the number one firm of communication and we want to ensure that you are able to access yours. What make and model phone do you have? When going to the Settings, Apps, and Messages + what version do you currently see?

0 Me gusta

Eismana
Miembro

I thought it was just me.  App wouldn't open, just blank white screen, and my battery usage seems to be awful lately.  Doesn't even last a day.  All happened within the past couple of days.  Just now the app opened for the firat time in a couple of days, but really flaky.  Stalls on a white screen then if I try to close it the app opens with my messages.  Running version 6.4.11

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

MR.TWSTRS1, I rely on Message+ to stay in touch with my family and friends. Let's get this fixed. What's the software update on the phone? How fast does it drain the battery when using the application?

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

MR.TWSTRS1 we want your Message + to work. I'm here to help. Have you tried resetting the Message + app https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207961/?

AdrienneP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta