cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Why am I using so much data at the same time every morning (when I am not)?

joliver87
Miembro

I just switched to verizon and did a lot of research before so I am very 'in tuned' with the 22 GB data restriction (throttle) on speeds when you get close/to that number.

So in 9 days I am at 1.32 GB data used and have not felt like I have done much (maybe that is pretty good so far). BUT these time stamps below are in the middle of the night, at home and when my phone is ALWAYS connected to the WiFi. I am not up at 2AM - 8 AM surfing Facebook or really using my phone and even I was I am technically connected to my home WiFi. I have a brand new iPhone 7 by the way (seems like verizon people want to know that when they respond).

Why is there data usage???

04.07.20197:55 a.m.0.10823
04.07.20191:55 a.m.0.00003
04.06.20197:56 a.m.0.12873
04.06.20191:56 a.m.

04.05.20197:57 a.m.0.13975
04.05.20191:57 a.m.0.00007
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Why am I using so much data at the same time every morning (when I am not)?

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@joliver87 wrote:

I just switched to verizon and did a lot of research before so I am very 'in tuned' with the 22 GB data restriction (throttle) on speeds when you get close/to that number.

So in 9 days I am at 1.32 GB data used and have not felt like I have done much (maybe that is pretty good so far).    

At that rate you’ll use maybe 6 gigs of data.  

BUT these time stamps below are in the middle of the night, at home and when my phone is ALWAYS connected to the WiFi. I am not up at 2AM - 8 AM surfing Facebook or really using my phone and even I was I am technically connected to my home WiFi. I have a brand new iPhone 7 by the way (seems like verizon people want to know that when they respond).

It’s NOT usage at those times.  It’s when usage from previous day was posted to your online account.   Like if you wrote checks during the day today, they wouldn't be presented and deducted from your checking account till tonight.    

These are TINY amounts of data.  Itty bitty.  And you have a minimum 22 gigs before you MIGHT get reprioritized.  There is no throttle.    

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@joliver87 wrote:

So in 9 days I am at 1.32 GB data used and have not felt like I have done much (maybe that is pretty good so far).    

At that rate you’ll use maybe 6 gigs of data.  

BUT these time stamps below are in the middle of the night, at home and when my phone is ALWAYS connected to the WiFi. I am not up at 2AM - 8 AM surfing Facebook or really using my phone and even I was I am technically connected to my home WiFi. I have a brand new iPhone 7 by the way (seems like verizon people want to know that when they respond).

It’s NOT usage at those times.  It’s when usage from previous day was posted to your online account.   Like if you wrote checks during the day today, they wouldn't be presented and deducted from your checking account till tonight.    

These are TINY amounts of data.  Itty bitty.  And you have a minimum 22 gigs before you MIGHT get reprioritized.  There is no throttle.    

0 Me gusta

boringusername

1.32 GB is not much data in 9 days. And the total you listed in those 3 days is les than 400 MB. At that rate you'd use 4 GB a month. Not anywhere cloe to 322 GB. lso it is NOT a htrottle.A throttle wudl means once you rach 22 GB you're speed would be automatically turned down 24/7 until the end of the month. That is not what happens. After 22 GB you MAY be slowed down during times of congestion and ONLY during times of congestion. Yu could use 200 GB ina month and never be "throttled" as you put it.

0 Me gusta

RMCOON
Miembro

My Wife and I are running into the same issue with data usage, starting 2 months ago our usage jumped way up we have a 8 gig plan and never came close to using it all and now I've had to buy 2 gigs just to make it too the end of the cycle.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@RMCOON wrote:

My Wife and I are running into the same issue with data usage, starting 2 months ago our usage jumped way up we have a 8 gig plan and never came close to using it all and now I've had to buy 2 gigs just to make it too the end of the cycle.

But the OP has no issue.  They are using very little data.   The OP just didn’t understand that data used during the day, is posted on the online account later.   Read my reply and understand how checks work is much like how data is deducted from your allowance.   

If you’re running over, it’s a problem with you and your phone, not the service provider.    

Start tracking what apps and services are using more data.   

Just an FYI, phones and apps are designed to make it easy for the user.   That takes data.    The more user-friendly a device is, the more data it is going to consume. Applications and services are more sophisticated, so they will use more and more data.   And we haven’t arrived at 5g yet.  

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning, RMCOON, and thank you for taking the time to reach us. What would you say that you use your data on most?

AnthonyM_VZW

0 Me gusta

boringusername

@RMCOON wrote:

Why not just enable safety mode? You culd move up to 16 GB for less money that buying 2 GB

0 Me gusta