cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why am I receiving another customer's emails?

jnorris
Miembro

I'm getting emails from another customer's account who seems to have put in my email address instead of theirs. It's ridiculous that Verizon not only doesn't validate email addresses but doesn't offer a way to unsubscribe from email alerts via a link within the email. I can't even filter out the incorrectly addressed emails because I have a Verizon account myself. I end up constantly panicking when I receive an alert saying I'm over my monthly data limit only to find out it's intended for someone else. I've contacted customer service online and even gone to a physical store and none of them are willing or able to fix this problem. This is abusive behavior by Verizon and the reason I'm going to be dropping service if it isn't fixed.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Why am I receiving another customer's emails?

jnorris
Miembro

I should add that the URL I was given to fix this (https://my.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/ecs/DeleteEmailMismatch.action​) doesn't work and has never worked. I was promised that it would be fixed soon, and that was months ago.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

jnorris
Miembro

I should add that the URL I was given to fix this (https://my.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/ecs/DeleteEmailMismatch.action​) doesn't work and has never worked. I was promised that it would be fixed soon, and that was months ago.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

jnorris,

I do apologize that the link that you were provided did not work for you. You can also give this one a try here: http://vz.to/23EH5vk. you will want to add your email to the end of the link. Let us know if this does not work for you either. Together we will figure this out.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

jnorris
Miembro

Thanks, but that link still doesn't work when I did that. A support person

on your @VZWSupport twitter account thinks they were able to get it to work

if they added a / (slash) before the email address. I can't tell if it

worked or not, but we'll see if I keep getting these emails.

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 10:43 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We appreciate that information, JNorris. Please keep us up to date with the progress of removing you from their email account. We will continue to work with you until this issue gets resolved.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

PHIBAK34
Miembro

I am having the same issue. Each month I get an alert telling me I'm below 10% of my data. But when I check my account it's usually around 50%. VZ told me someone else has used my email and they only validate the main email address on a multi-line account.  Each month they promise to fix and each month it happens again.

Ready to change carriers because I pay for premium service and am getting no help.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

PHIBAK34, I would feel just as frustrated as well. Especially when it comes to usage notifications. We definitely don't want to lose you as a valued customer.

Do you know if the e-mail has your name, as well as your account number, or do you know for sure it is intended for someone else? If intended for someone else, you can scroll to the bottom of that e-mail and Unsubscribe.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Me gusta

PHIBAK34
Miembro

It’s someone else with their account number that is not mine. But if I unsubscribe won’t that mean I won’t get email to [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Phibake34, when you click on the unsubscribe at the bottom of the email you received for the incorrect account, this will unsubscribe you from alerts for that particular account. If you have an active account with us, you will continue to receive usage alerts to your account. Does this help clarify?

Gracias,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

seymore2
Miembro

I am having the same problem in June 2019.  And no, the previous response does not make sense.  The sender has no way of knowing a person's Verizon account number, only the email address they are sending to.  

I, also, would like to know how to stop receiving the emails of another person who was assigned the same email address as mine.  I also wonder if they are receiving my emails???

Is there a number I can call to get help?  Is aol now managing all verizon.net accounts?

0 Me gusta