cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Why am I on the cheapest plan possible (2gb) for 1 line and and my bill is over $110/mo WITH a discount through lyft?

ANYphoto
Miembro

I'm thinking about switching carriers. I don't want to, I love Verizon. But all I do is text, barely talk and use the gps every once in a while. I barely use my data and I have a tablet that I never use! I just want a CHEAPER phone bill. $110/mo is WAYYYY too much when I barely use it. I got the s8 when it came out because it was $5/mo cheaper than my s7. I've tried everything to lower my bill but its still not enough. (I was paying $35/mo with boost for so many years but I joined a family plan and then got my line separated.)

Is there anything they have better than the plan I'm on?

Labels (1)

Re: Why am I on the cheapest plan possible (2gb) for 1 line and and my bill is over $110/mo WITH a discount through lyft?

Elementos

I'm also on the 2GB plan with only 1 line, and my bill is only half of yours. Are you perhaps still making device payments?

On the My Verizon site, try using the navigation bar at the top to go to My Verizon > My Billing > View Bill

it should give you a breakdown of the charges on your bill there. I'm going to guess that the plan and line access fee make up about half of that, and a device payment agreement makes up most of the rest, but whatever the charges are, you should be able to identify them there.

0 Me gusta

Re: Why am I on the cheapest plan possible (2gb) for 1 line and and my bill is over $110/mo WITH a discount through lyft?

ANYphoto
Miembro

Yes,  I am making device payments, i got the s8 when it came out. And I'm paying for my tablet line which I never use.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

ANYphoto wrote:

Yes, I am making device payments, i got the s8 when it came out. And I'm paying for my tablet line which I never use.

That isn't a problem with the carrier or your bill. 

How much is your PLAN?   Your plan is data and line fee.  That and taxes is all you need to pay if you buy phones like you did on Boost - full price.  No option to add tablets either. 

You over extended yourself buying stuff you now realize you don't need.  You can get Verizon service at a lower cost if you pay off everything and use prepaid.   3 gigs $45 a month and still can use the better network. 

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

ANYphoto wrote:

Yes, I am making device payments, i got the s8 when it came out. And I'm paying for my tablet line which I never use.

Yes, if you lump in the monthly payments which come with the purchase of one of the most expensive devices Verizon sells with the monthly cost of your cellular service, your monthly bill will be higher. That does not mean the cost of your service is that high, it isn't. Your choice of expensive phone is what is causing your monthly bill to be so high. If you want your monthly bill to be lower, pay off your device and it will drop by the amount you are paying each month to purchase your phone.

As to your discount thru Lyft, that is a small percentage applied to your data cost only. Since you are on the 2 GB data plan, that discount only applies to $35 of your monthly bill. Your discount does not apply to the line access fees for your phone($20) or tablet($10). It also does not apply to the monthly cost of purchasing your S8($31.50)

data cost $35(less any discount)

phone line access fee $20

tablet line access fee $10

monthly S8 phone payment $31.50

Total = $96.50 before any taxes/fees or discounts on your data thru Lyft.

Ways to lower your monthly bill would be to purchase a cheaper phone next time, purchase a used phone next time, pay for your phone up front instead of on a payment plan, don't add a tablet to your plan you won't use, etc...

There are many things on your bill making it so high which appear to be unnecessary items you chose to add and are contributing to your high bill. The tablet, for one, which you likely have a $175 ETF should you cancel that device right now. The S8, is another. Without those 2 items, your monthly bill would likely be at least $45/month cheaper.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Correct, having the newest and greatest phones can contribute to your monthly invoice, quite drastically in this case. You can pay off the agreement at anytime, we are happy to assist you, just let us now!

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Nobody here wants you to leave,  ANYphoto. We understand the need for clarity in communication. Member rcschnoor  did a break down. How does yours compare to it?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta