cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why am I being overcharged?

Studiomagic
Miembro

Since 2013, I've paid $2500+ more for my service than we agreed to and a request is current for $900+ more.   Since a Verizon error in 2013, I've endured fee after fee totaling over 3K, each snowballing off the last.

Ah oh hey, I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan!  Surprising I bet.

I'd call corporate, but well... yeah. Snail mail and no followup.

Today, by shutting my phone off yet again, they severely damaged my business.  They also almost killed me by stranding me in a terrible neighborhood at 3AM with no GPS or phone service.

In 2017, I've paid $1598.64 over five months for service that costs $1285 and they SHUT MY PHONE OFF. They want $900+ more.

In 2016 I paid $3619.99 for service that costs $3084 THEY SUSPENDED MY PHONE CONSTANTLY. 

In 2015 I paid $3909.40 for service that costs $3084 THEY SUSPENDED MY PHONE CONSTANTLY.

2013 & 2014... guess who paid more than the service costs? THIS GUY!

Since Jan, 2013, I paid $15,753.12 for service that costs $13,621 ($257 a month). They want $900+ MORE.

A rep wanted to negotiate today, she offered me $160.  Seriously.

Atentamente,

Nik or as I'm referred to as... "The best part of Verizon"

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Why am I being overcharged?

lukevinyl

And so what are the reasons for these charges when you look at your itemized invoices?? They aren't just charging you for no reason, so what is the reason for the "overcharge"? You speak about fee after fee and suspensions, so are you getting charged for reconnection fees??

Just seems strange to me to post on a public forum that you are paying more and have been for 4 years than you should have been and that VZW is to blame after the above info, but no mention of the actual reason for these charges which are listed on the bill. There are no charges that are simply listed without a name/description for said charge. A bit more specifics would definitely help if that is what you are looking for.....otherwise if you are just needing to vent-- hopefully it's helped!

Ann154
Expert

I agree. There is information missing from the story.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Studiomagic
Miembro

I beat them on a damaged device fee in '13, during which they suspended my phone a million times before admitting they were wrong. The CS depo refunded all they could along the way, but the line termination fees snowballed, making the service more and more expensive each month. Corporate left over 1K worth of unjust suspensions intact, thus creating a situation where I'm on payment plans I can't afford, leading to more suspensions.  Since I was balance zero in '13, I payed over $2500 more than the service is worth and they STILL shut me off and want $900+ more.  Every department says only corporate can fix this,  corporate of course does nothing and only wants snail mail.

So now I'm going to get their attention. I didn't want to put any more private info in there, but I have four lines, so each suspension is $80, all taxed, plus late fees. It adds up.

Nik 

0 Me gusta

Studiomagic
Miembro

See above. It's really a simple story. They never corrected unjust suspension fees, thus elevating my bill beyond a level I can afford.  That causes things to snowball and while I try to keep up... the service is unjustly more expensive for me than anyone else based off something they admitted was wrong. Phone reps agreed and already returned all that they were allowed to under Verizon law, but they clam I'm -900+ and I say I'm owed $2500+.

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

Nah! There's waaaay more to this story. Verizon wouldn't let charges stand if they were incurred due to their error.

This sound more like you carry a balance and pay when you can but the result is you have 90 days past due and they suspend service.

I am not judging but you really gotta pay it then dispute the charges. Way easier to get a refund than carry a balance.

IF they did let bogus charges stand, I would have been out a long time ago.

0 Me gusta

Studiomagic
Miembro

The only thing about it that's "more to the story" is I was stubborn. I was NOT going to pay a fee for a phone that they tossed away without proof.   Carrying a balance is exactly what's happening, but the balance is made up of uncorrected old charges.

"You really gotta pay it then dispute the charges". I can't afford to pay $325 a month for $250 service... nor do I think the same way you do.  I don't believe you pay a bogus fee and ask questions later.

I can't leave Verizon; nothing else works well enough and I want to keep the data plan.

Nik

"

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

If I wanted to keep my service in good standing I would definitely pay it and then dispute.the charges. Better that than carrying a balance to rack up an amount I can't pay then get shut off.

lukevinyl

Hmmmm..... Feels like there is a lot missing here as well.

Anyhow, your initial post was asking why you were being overcharged, and after myself and others have inquired to what we are talking about, really-- you have  come back to state that essentially you know exactly why you are being "overcharged" and it is because of a combination of errors, late fees, and reconnection fees all making up payment agreements that you can't afford, leading to more late fees, reconnection fees etc???

So am I missing something here?

0 Me gusta

Studiomagic
Miembro

I'm glad you have that kind of cash bud.

0 Me gusta