cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Why Is The Estimated Savings For The New Verizon Plan Wrong?

Miembro

I've always been somewhere between slightly dissatisfied and slightly satisfied  with Verizon over the past 3-5 years.

However, my recent issue has solidified my dissatisfaction. Today, I was happy to discover that by switching from the more everything plan to the new Verizon plan, I will save $15 (see 1st screen image) a month even though I receive an extra 2GB of data.

When I click the button that says "Switch to this Plan" I noticed my monthly bill will actually INCREASE (See 2nd screen image).  I feel like this is a hoax Verizon is using to deceivingly trick customers into this new plan because the screen grays out and prompts you to confirm the effective date and displayed price (that doesn't include taxes, fees, and insurance).

Why list inaccurate estimated savings when the actual monthly bill is calculated as soon as the button is clicked?

verizon1.png

verizon2.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Estimated Savings for the New Verizon Plan is INCORRECT!!!!!

Novice

plan.png

The status of that line is just in limbo until next billing cycle since the contract just ended.  The $40 is the line access fee for the line whose contract just ended and the $20 is for the line that isn't under contract.  The first page is based on off contract line access fees.

reduce.png

The line access fee is adjusted the following billing cycle after a 2 year contract ends.

If you can get a CSR to add the month 2 month discount to the line that just ended you would save $10 on your current plan over what you will pay switching to the New Verizon Plan.  The pricing on the first page will be correct after the status of that line is clear of the 2 year contract status.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Novice

It looks like one of your lines is still under a 2 year contract.  The access fee on that line will be $40 until the contract ends and then it will go down to $20.  Does the other line have a device payment plan or the month to month discount?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Does the first image reflect the taxes and regulatory fee costs? Is it possible the second image includes those costs?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Joey2007ua_64 wrote:

It looks like one of your lines is still under a 2 year contract. The access fee on that line will be $40 until the contract ends and then it will go down to $20. Does the other line have a device payment plan or the month to month discount?

That is a possibility too. Thanks for the mentioning it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Both images are without taxes and fees. Please look closely at the pricing in the grayed out section of the second screen. It's the same information as the first but the new plan has higher costs.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

One line had a 2 year contract that ended last week. The access fee is $40 on my account. The other like has the $15 access fee as a promotion for buying the phone outright.

But the key figure I wanted to express in the 2nd pic are the totals in the grayed out section. It's the exact same screen but the new plan totals are higher.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

durrell555 wrote:

One line had a 2 year contract that ended last week. The access fee is $40 on my account. The other like has the $15 access fee as a promotion for buying the phone outright.

But the key figure I wanted to express in the 2nd pic are the totals in the grayed out section. It's the exact same screen but the new plan totals are higher.

The information that the line with the contract term having ended last week is an important clue. In the second image you were requesting to backdate the plan change to the beginning of the current billing cycle which includes last week. So for the current billing cycle, that line is considered to be under contract. Do you ever look at the estimated bill cost for the Next Bill? It should have matched up with the plan cost and the two lines fully out of contract on that tab screen.

Highlighted

Novice

plan.png

The status of that line is just in limbo until next billing cycle since the contract just ended.  The $40 is the line access fee for the line whose contract just ended and the $20 is for the line that isn't under contract.  The first page is based on off contract line access fees.

reduce.png

The line access fee is adjusted the following billing cycle after a 2 year contract ends.

If you can get a CSR to add the month 2 month discount to the line that just ended you would save $10 on your current plan over what you will pay switching to the New Verizon Plan.  The pricing on the first page will be correct after the status of that line is clear of the 2 year contract status.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I will wait until the next billing cycle to review my pricing options again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

We want all of our customers to have an accurate bill each month with the promised saving as mentioned. In regards to your plan and estimated bill we would need to review this futher. Please message us on Facebook or Twitter for additional review of the account.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes