cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why Is My Unlocked Phone Showing It's Not A VZW Device?

tconk40554
Miembro

Me and my wife just switched over to Verizon from Sprint. We requested that Sprint unlock our phones so they could be used on Verizon. Everything worked fine except my wife's 6S Plus iphone still shows up as a NON Verizon phone on the Verizon system. My iphone 6S shows up as a Verizon phone just fine. This all wouldn't bother me too much except Verizon won't let us get insurance on my wife's phone because of this and I'm sure there are other features that we won't be able to use. I'm confused at why my phone would show up as a Verizon phone but my wife's would not. Anybody know what I can do?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: UNLOCKED PHONE STILL SAYS IPHN 6S PLUS NON VZW

jacobv_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

tconk40554 - Ann154 is correct devices that are not originally purchased with Verizon wireless are only eligible to sign up for Equipment Protection programs during open enrollment. We want your wife's phone to work the same way yours does on our network. A Verizon wireless SIM card is required to activate your wife's device. Since you stated that the device is active and in working order, I suggest you follow the steps Acrillix provided. If the issue persists let us know. We are always here to provide the support you need.

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Unless it is open enrollment, you shouldn't be able to add insurance to either of the BYOD phones you brought from Sprint since they are technically USED devices.

The insurance through Apple Care is a different story as I understand it is tied to the phone itself and can be transferred.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Acrillix
  • Power on the device and test voice/data with the Verizon SIM inserted.
  • Reset Network Settings (Settings > General > Reset Network Setting), if device does not activate. 
  • If the device still does not activate, this indicates the device is locked from the previous carrier.
0 Me gusta

tconk40554
Miembro

They let me insure my 6S and it also shows up as a Verizon phone. If it can't be done that's fine I just would like to know why.

0 Me gusta

tconk40554
Miembro

The phone is unlocked and works fine. It just doesn't read as a Verizon phone like my 6S does when we unlocked them from sprint. I will try and reset network settings anyway and see what happens

0 Me gusta

jacobv_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

tconk40554 - Ann154 is correct devices that are not originally purchased with Verizon wireless are only eligible to sign up for Equipment Protection programs during open enrollment. We want your wife's phone to work the same way yours does on our network. A Verizon wireless SIM card is required to activate your wife's device. Since you stated that the device is active and in working order, I suggest you follow the steps Acrillix provided. If the issue persists let us know. We are always here to provide the support you need.

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Re: Why Is My Unlocked Phone Showing It's Not A VZW Device?

Lfavicchio412
Miembro

The solution didnt work. Is there another way?

0 Me gusta

Re: Why Is My Unlocked Phone Showing It's Not A VZW Device?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Lfavicchio412, we want to ensure your issue is properly addressed. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. I just need some clarifying details. What did not work for you? If you're referring to your device showing as a non-VZW device on our website, that is standard if your device is not a branded VZW device purchased through one of our retail outlets. So long as the device is approved to work on our network, the device displaying as a non-VZW one should have no impact. You can always verify if a non-VZW device is compatible for use on our network here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/checkesn    

EbonyR_VZW

0 Me gusta