cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Why Edge?

jrlz
Miembro

Hi my wife went in to purchase the iphone 6 today and really unknowingly got put into the Edge program.  If we won't need early upgrades, and can purchase the phone in full at the new every 2 price, then what's the benefit?  Why pay $749?!  Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Why Edge?

dad_of_2

plus with edge, there are no upgrade fees.

View solution in original post

Chismes
Líder Sénior

There is no real difference. You pay the same either way. Just because it looks like you are paying less for a contract phone. what you didn't pay actually bundled into the contract and you'll be paying it off one way or another. If you didn't upgrade for a year afterwards you end up paying for 50% of a device you never owned. That's the catch 22.

0 Me gusta

dilbertaz

Whether it is an advantage or not depends on your plan, if you have a More Everything with 6gb or more you get $25 off the $40 line access fee for the phone.  So if your phone costs $749 divided over 24 months it would be roughly $31/month but your line access is discounted by $25 so your monthly cost is $6 more, which over 24 months is only $144 more.  If you are doing a 2 year contract and pay $299 up front it actually costs more.  If you have less than 6gb/month plan the savings is only $15 and not any deal unless you desire to upgrade early.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

dad_of_2

plus with edge, there are no upgrade fees.

View solution in original post

dilbertaz

Or activation fees