cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Why Are Blocked Calls Going To Voicemail?

SUSRIC52
Miembro

Why do calls from numbers that I have added to my rejected list going to -- and/or are allowed to leave -- voicemail?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Blocked calls going to voicemail

Ann154
Expert

Blocking from the phone sends the call to voicemail automatically.

Blocking the number from your MyVerizon account online will not allow them to call or text you at all. The caller will hear a message saying the number you are trying to reach has calling restrictions or something similar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

dexman

That is what the feature actually does. Instead of outright rejecting calls....it sends them straight to voice mail without ringing your phone. It behaves more like a Do Not Disturb function.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Blocking from the phone sends the call to voicemail automatically.

Blocking the number from your MyVerizon account online will not allow them to call or text you at all. The caller will hear a message saying the number you are trying to reach has calling restrictions or something similar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

dexman

The one caveat about blocking via My Verizon is that blocks are good for only 90? days. After that they would need to be re-added.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

That is true, but it is a free option. A 90 day limit feels like a good compromise. They don't limit you on how many times you can renew the block. I have personally used it a number of times over the years and for some callers the 90 days is enough to get them to stop calling. If they continue, I just blocked them again if I didn't remember the renew to block as it expired. For an added measure I also add those numbers to my phone's blocked call list so if I did forget to renew the book, those callers are still at least dumped directly into the voicemail.

ericac_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

We definitely want to make sure that your features are working the way they should be. Let's get a little more information. Are you trying to block numbers through your My Verizon account or from the device? What kind of phone are you blocking the numbers on?

ERICAC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

SUSRIC52
Miembro

After receiving so many nuisance calls on my cell phone, I started to block them directly from the phone. After answering and hanging up, I go back to my recent calls list, select the number, and from the menu on the bottom left, select add to reject list. When I receive a call from one of the rejected number list calls again, it does not ring my phone, but it does allow the caller to leave a voicemail message.

0 Me gusta

dexman

That is how the phone-based block feature works. The method that Ann described prevents the calls from getting to your phone in the first place. Just be aware that any number you add will disappear after 90 days.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a lot of good information swarming around in this thread. Just to build off the suggestion of  Ann154 , the website to set up a block through Verizon Wireless is here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/spamcontrols

Let us know if you have any questions on this,  SUSRIC52.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta