cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

When FamilyBase data limits are met, do data speed change to 3G?

MRCARRIC
Miembro

I have family base and safety mode enabled. My child is limited to 4.5GB a month data. When he uses that all up, will he switch to 3G or will he just be without data?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: family base and safety mode and data limits

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Family Base will prevent your child from getting any "cellular" data after the limit is reached, high speed or safety mode. They would be able to access wifi data after that limit, though.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Family Base will prevent your child from getting any "cellular" data after the limit is reached, high speed or safety mode. They would be able to access wifi data after that limit, though.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

MRCARRIC
Miembro

thanks. So Verizon needs to consider addressing this if possible. As a parent with teens who are data hogs, I either cut them off when we're traveling / away from wifi or let them use up all the 4G and then we can all shift to safety mode. But then parents who aren't data hogs suffer on 3g. It would be great if after they reach the limit I impose, they go to safety mode but I retain my 4G data.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

I think Verizon has likely addressed it as much as they plan to by re-introducing the unlimited data plan. For data usage on a phone, once a line exceeds 22 GB of usage, it may experience re-prioritization behind other users. For data usage thru a hotspot, data speeds would be slowed to 3G speeds(up to 600 kbps) once the hotspot has consumed 10 GB of data.

If your child surpasses their threshold(s), their data speed would possibly be affected but yours would remain the same.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

MRCARRIC, you received some great advice. I just want to make sure there is no confusion. With Family Base you can set up the plan so that your children have a set amount of data and the adults have more. I have an 8GB plan. My daughter has a set 2GB, my sister has 2GB of use and I have 4GB. Once the kids have used all of their data they go to using safety mode and I still have my 4GB of data followed by safety mode if I exceed that.

See the steps to set data limits here > http://vz.to/2jQNemy

Does this clear things up for you?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

MRCARRIC
Miembro

Thx.

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 5:32 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

With Family Base you can set up the plan so that your children have a set amount of data and the adults have more. I have an 8GB plan. My daughter has a set 2GB, my sister has 2GB of use and I have 4GB. Once the kids have used all of their data they go to using safety mode

I'm really curious if this is actually the case as the link you provided doesn't say that. The 2 options you have when setting up limits are to "stop all data usage" and "allow continued data usage". Nowhere is safety mode mentioned.