cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

What should I do if I change my mind about returning my device?

ViperGeek
Miembro

This is a continuation or confirmation of Do I need to turn in my old equipment?

I recently upgraded my Galaxy S7 Edge for a Galaxy S8+ just past the 12 month mark in my Edge "lease".  The website stated that, due to the remaining value of the S7 Edge, I could upgrade at the half-way point for free by returning my old phone.  When I received my new GS8+, it came with a helpful, handy padded envelope and UPS return label.  All's well.

EXCEPT, I now have Returner's Remorse.  I'd like to keep my old, working GS7 Edge as a backup.  What's the process for notifying Verizon Wireless that I'd like to keep my own phone?  Do I simply NOT return it and let them bill me?  Will that incur some penalty or early termination fee, or will I simply get a bill for the remaining ~10 months in my previous 24-month Edge lease?

¡Gracias!

- Dave

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Changing mind about return my old phone

Community Manager
Community Manager

ViperGeek-

We certainly want you to not have returner's remorse. Deloused is correct, you can keep your old phone. Please know you will be charged for the remaining device payment balance on your previous phone and it takes about 1 billing cycle for the charge to be applied on the account. There are no penalties or fees other than the remaining charge for the old phone, rest assured.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

ViperGeek
Miembro

ps. According to Device Trade in Program FAQs | Verizon Wireless I simply do nothing and the submission will be cancelled.  I'd still love a positive confirmation from VZW Customer Support that no fees or penalties will be charged to my account.

0 Me gusta

deloused

You don't need to notify Verizon if you wish to not return your previous device, you would just be billed for the remainder of the GS7 balance after about 30 days per the agreement-

Annual Upgrade Program for Samsung Devices FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

ViperGeek-

We certainly want you to not have returner's remorse. Deloused is correct, you can keep your old phone. Please know you will be charged for the remaining device payment balance on your previous phone and it takes about 1 billing cycle for the charge to be applied on the account. There are no penalties or fees other than the remaining charge for the old phone, rest assured.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta