cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

What is the least expensive smartphone plan including TOTAL fees?

Miembro

I've got an old smartphone data plan that was rolled over from the times when people paid for minutes/texts separately.
It breaks down to:
$39.99 month for 450 minutes (I never come near it)
$10 month for texts
$30 month for 2gb data (I only use 1gb).
-----------------------------------
$79.99 por mes.
With taxes (and fees?) this ends up at

$97 / month

I chatted with a Verizon agent online and they said I could downgrade to 1gb/month, but didn't give a total price that was clear.
I'm only seeing the option to go from 2gb to "3g mobile hotspot" on my plan page, and don't want to enter into something where I'll be slammed with random fees for using the phone the same way.
When I asked about cheaper plans that I was seeing on the site (starting at $45 plans, but it looks like $60 may be the starting price if you're not paying for a new phone with the Edge service), the agent said  that there would be some other $40 fee for smartphones, which is apparently always present (is that the monthly minutes fee that i have?)

Is there a plan for smarthpones that ends up costing less than $79.99 TOTAL, that includes minutes/text and at least 1gb of data?

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: What is the least expensive smartphone plan including TOTAL fees?

Líder Sénior

$50 loyalty.  Unlimited talk and text, 1 GB.  $60 for 2GB.  With tax add about $5.

You can go with a More Everything, but there's a $40 line charge plus $60 for 2GB and the cost goes up.  You do get a few perks like hotspot and Cloud storage.

Are you looking to get a new phone as well, or keep your existing phone?  That could change things.  I was able to upgrade to a loyalty plan and new phone at the same time, but plans and offers change.

Highlighted

Miembro

I might be upgrading the phone, but that would depend upon how it affects plan options. If I upgraded, I'm looking at a 64gb iphone 5s, but I'm not in a big hurry.

The ultimate goal is to reduce the monthly bill. I don't need cloud storage.
My contract expired almost a year ago so I'm a "free agent."

$5 in tax? How does my bill go from $79.99 to $97 with tax and random unknown fees? I'm tired of paying $100/month. I wonder if you're in a different state? I'm in MN.

Where does one find the $50 loyalty option?
It may be best to stop into a store.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

The loyalty plan is not advertised.  It was mainly for people on old plans (like you) people coming from a basic to a smartphone, and people generally not happy with either their rate or their service.  You'd need to call this one in to Verizon or maybe a corporate store.  If you get a new phone you will need to do this at the same time since once you get the plan, it extends your contract by a year min.  Or, in your case, it would sign you up for a year min.  I don't see an iPhone using only 1GB a month though, and from what I can tell, you're better off with a 2GB or even higher.  For you to lower your bill you're going to have to keep a TIGHT watch on any new smartphone and it's data use, which can go high in a hurry.  So, plan your plan around how you will use the phone and also remember how the phone will use you.  Nothing like overage charges on data at $10-15 per GB.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Ah, there it is. I forgot there was also a $10 total equipment coverage (insurance), so that brings it to $89 (plus $5 tax and a mystery monthly $3 verizon "surcharge" )

"Verizon Wireless Surcharges - Includes charges to recover or help defray costs of taxes and of governmental charges and fees imposed on us by the government."

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

What do you mean by:
I don't see an iPhone using only 1GB a month though, and from what I can tell, you're better off with a 2GB or even higher.
My current usage has been 1gb monthly since at least September. The newer phones use more data, then?

So, is there a way to reduce the monthly bill and upgrade within the iphone family?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

To do so within a requested budget, you'd need to call Verizon to explore any promotions you might be eligible for considering the present plan you are on and how many phones you plan to add.  A lot of what is offered isn't advertised; it's one of those, if you ask kind of things.  I still think, that unless you keep mobile data off 24/7, except for when you HAVE to use it, 1GB and even 2GB might not be enough.  But, like I said, getting more than 2GB is going to cost you near or more than $100 if you have no employer discount.  Also remember that insurance and taxes.  A More Everything plan at $40 line charge and $60 for 2GB plus $10 insurance and $5 taxes and you're at $115 right there.  There are promos from time to time where you can double the data or you can receive a small discount on present level of data, and of course you can change plans at anytime, BUT REMEMBER, once you change your plan you aren't guaranteed to get it back later.

0 Likes

Líder Sénior

Most people see a 2 to 2.5x bump in data usage going from a 3G smartphone to 4G /LTE smartphone, just doing the same things.  There are several reason for this, but carrier data usage studies have shown this trend consistently. 

Highlighted

Leader

I have 9 iPhones on my account 4's through 6's, only one consistantly goes over 1GB. That's because he's on the road without WIFI. It all depends on the user and availablity of WIFI.

Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you for all the info.