cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

What is the difference between the Verizon Plan and Unlimited?

Miembro

Whats the difference between the 8gb plan and the unlimited plan? If you go over the 8gb and have safe mode your speed gets reduced. If you go over the 22gb in the unlimited plan your speed gets reduced. Is it just the price?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited is not really unlimited its safe mode

Líder Sénior

There is a very significant difference.

With old metered plans with safe mode, the limits are hard limits (8 GB in your example) and the slow down is extreme - 128 Kbps.

With the new unlimited plan, the 22 GB is only a soft limit, not a hard limit. That means if the tower you are connected to is not busy, you will continue to get full speed even after 22 GB. If the tower is moderate busy, you will continue to get slightly slower data, but still much faster than the 128 Kbps safety mode data in the old plans.

My wife went over 22 GB last month on the new unlimited plan and you could not tell. When we went over on the old plan, it was a painful very slow sudden change.

I am satisfied this can be called unlimited.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I tried calling to get information and after ten minutes of waiting I finally hung up.

I really feel they were just ignoring the calls   very poor customer service and support with Verizon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The data allowance. Carryover Data. Safety Mode. Full allowance available for the hotspot. Those are the differences I can think of.

The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

KYNSHIRO2003 wrote:

Whats the difference between the 8gb plan and the unlimited plan? If you go over the 8gb and have safe mode your speed gets reduced. Yes, and it's always reduced after 8 GB, to a very slow speed.

If you go over the 22gb in the unlimited plan your speed gets reduced.  Not necessarily.  It gets "deprioritized", meaning it's only reduced IF the tower you are connected to is congested, and even then the reduction may not be as slow as safety mode.  If the tower is not congested, you'll get full speed.

Is it just the price?  Unlimited also gives you the 22GB PER LINE before deprioritizing you; the 8GB plan is an aggregate of all lines, not 8GB per line before safety mode. 

Unlimited gives you a whole lot more data before slowdown than the unlimited, especially if you have multiple lines.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

There is a very significant difference.

With old metered plans with safe mode, the limits are hard limits (8 GB in your example) and the slow down is extreme - 128 Kbps.

With the new unlimited plan, the 22 GB is only a soft limit, not a hard limit. That means if the tower you are connected to is not busy, you will continue to get full speed even after 22 GB. If the tower is moderate busy, you will continue to get slightly slower data, but still much faster than the 128 Kbps safety mode data in the old plans.

My wife went over 22 GB last month on the new unlimited plan and you could not tell. When we went over on the old plan, it was a painful very slow sudden change.

I am satisfied this can be called unlimited.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

That is frustrating when you are trying to seek some information about your safe mood and unlimited plan concerns, SARHIC1. I apologize for the hold time and let me assure you that I want to assist you with any questions you have. What exact information are you looking for?  Are you wanting to look into getting unlimited data? Please clarify what you need assistance with so I can best address your concerns.

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes