cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

What is Verzon doing to protect my information?

Miembro

There has been a string of fraudulent actions on my Verizon wireless and I am fed up and looking at other carriers now.  It started over a year ago when someone tried to order a new phone on My Verizon.  I found out when the Fraud Dept called to let me know.  They found it suspicious and stopped the transaction and called me.  I was actually pretty impressed that they had caught it (that feeling would soon change.....).  I changed all my passwords and figured all was fine.  A few months later, the same thing happened again only I caught it this time.  Talked to Verizon fraud and got it handled.  Now I'm a little frustrated and a lot worried, but I put the incident behind me and continue blindly with Verizon Wireless.  Then I get my December bill and there is an additional $520.74 on it????  When I call to sort it out, it turns out that someone walked into a Verizon store in Warren, NJ and signed up my account for Verizon Edge as well as ordered themselves an iPhone 6.  So let's see Verizon:  I live in AZ, but you allowed someone in NJ to order an iPhone 6 on my account and have it shipped to OK?!?!?!?!?  Do you even check IDs?

So as I am dealing with Customer Service and Fraud Dept and becoming more and more upset, they are telling me that they will issue a credit, but it will take a couple of billing cycles.  Meanwhile there is an auto payment of $800+ scheduled in thenext day or so.  Verizon tells me that they can't stop that and that they will refund my money in 7 to 10 business days.  I tell them that that is entirely unacceptable that they take and hold money for 7 -10 business days that isn't even theirs to begin with.  I call the bank and they tell me they can't block the payment either, so I come to an agreement with them that they will refund any overdraft fees I incur if I drain the account so there isn't enough in there when Verizon tries to debit.  It works and every thing seems to be sorted out.......again.  Now I get this month's bill and the fradulent charges are back on it!!  I call the Fraud Dept (again), after reading the acct notes, the fraud operator asks if she can place me on a "brief hold"......20 minutes later I am still on hold then get cut off.  As I typoe this today, I am once again on hold with Fraud.  I am beyond disgusted with Verizon and am now looking hard to switch carriers.  It is a shame because I do have good service with Verizon, but this is just beyod ridicules!  even if this does get fixed, how soon before it happens again Verizon???  Of course verizon has me right now because I still have another year or so on my contract and they are going to charge me bookoo bucks because, according to the helpful *sarcasm* Customer Service agent, I signed a legally binding contract.  As far as I am concerned, Verizon violated our contract by not protecting my information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: What is Verzon doing to protect my information?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am truly disappointed to see what has been occuring with your account, Rossd65. Your security is important to us and it is unacceptable that something like this has happened and we don't want it to cause you to consider other carriers. I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox here in the forums and reply with the information I'll need to reach out to our Fraud Team on your behalf.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

How To: Direct Message

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sounds like you gave away your own information through one of the phishing scams...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

So what part of my narrative led you to your clueless baseless assumption?  I am extremely careful with my personal info.  If I had "given it away" in a phishing scam, there would have been issues with other things than Verizon and since I monitor all my accounts and my credit report regularly, I know that there are no issues other than Verizon.  Oh, and I've never replied to any e-mail purportedly from Verizon (or any other company I have an account with) nor have I called any number back without verifying who's number it is.  Anyway, thanks for your "input".

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I'm assuming that you have an account access password set up? If so, then whatever Verizon Wireless representative allowed a phone to be ordered in NJ and shipped to OK without this information acted WAY outside company policy. I can't even blow my nose in a Verizon Wirless store without first providing my account access code.

If, on the other hand, you do not have one set up... I highly recommend that you do so immediately.

0 Likes