cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

What is Data Usage?

sjwrn
Miembro

I feel rather illiterate in this new aspect of my Verizon phone usage.  However, I am not sure what "Data" is?... I understand from the forum that there are social categories:  does that mean facebook requests which come through my email, etc?.  I do NOT want any of my email going to my phone, although my LG7 lte tablet is okay.  A few  self-help books (~6) were downloaded in March or so, and I have less than 1/2 dozen games loaded.  How much of those is considered data?   My bill for data usage was originally supposed to be only the basic with my plan, but the fee has shot twice and I just don't  know what that is for.  Thank you for helping me.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: What is Data Usage

Weth
Líder Sénior

In a smartphone, data will be used for almost anything you do other than phone calls or regular text messages using the standard text message app on your phone.

Email, files, downloading apps, web surfing, other messaging applications, running apps that need to get any data whatsoever from the Internet (which is most apps), backups are just a small example of what uses data. Many games will use data when you play them. If you don't want email on your phone, then don't set up email. If you don't want to use data, you can turn data off on the phone, but still be able to make phone calls and use regular text messaging.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Re: What is Data Usage

Weth
Líder Sénior

In a smartphone, data will be used for almost anything you do other than phone calls or regular text messages using the standard text message app on your phone.

Email, files, downloading apps, web surfing, other messaging applications, running apps that need to get any data whatsoever from the Internet (which is most apps), backups are just a small example of what uses data. Many games will use data when you play them. If you don't want email on your phone, then don't set up email. If you don't want to use data, you can turn data off on the phone, but still be able to make phone calls and use regular text messaging.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta