cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

What does the 'audio' data usage category include?

ashomsky
Miembro

On Verizon's website I can view my usage breakdown by category. The top category for my phone is Audio, with 45% of my usage this month. I haven't streamed any music service this month and I don't know what is included in this category. My data usage has skyrocketed this month for some reason.

I do have HD voice enabled on my iPhone 7+ (Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Enable LTE ->  Voice & Data) but Verizon’s website clearly states this feature doesn’t use my data: “HD Voice provides clear, natural-sounding call audio, is included in your existing plan at no additional charge, and doesn’t use your data.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (6)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: What does the 'audio' data usage category include?

lukevinyl

Yeah, audio would be referring to Pandora, Soundcloud, Google Music etc..... You are correct, it is not referring to HD voice service as that data used isn't billable data (though data that is in fact used).

Have you checked in Settings -> Cellular -> to see what app or function is showing as data used?? I know sit can be tough to pin point if the statistics hasn't been cleared  (at the bottom of the list), but sometimes you can see the apps that have the higher-amounts of data used are confirmed "audio" apps/usage, and can then assume these might be the "culprit" apps that are triggering audio usage.....

Highlighted

ashomsky
Miembro

Thanks for the reply. I haven't reset my cellular usage stats in a while so I can only see several months worth of usage combined. Verizon says I've used 2.3GB worth of "audio" this month and there is only one app with more than 2.3GB of data usage in the past several months combined - Narwhal, a reddit app. It seems strange to categorize that as audio; it's mostly images, gifs, articles, and sometimes videos. FaceTime is the only app in my list with any significant data usage that could reasonably be called Audio, but I have less than 100MB of data use from FaceTime. It seems like Verizon's data usage categories are just not very useful.

Data usage (MB)

17100 Narwhal

1400  Safari

444    Photos

375    System services

209    Weather

187    App store

141    Fitbit

98.6    FaceTime

85.1    Maps

84.9    Mail

67.5    Google maps

62.3    Lowe's

57.3    Kindle

47.2    Speedtest

24.8    Notes

21.5    Calendar

16.8    Contacts

My data use should be lower this month since I was out of the country for part of the billing period and had data turned off, but somehow my usage has shot up.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Staying on top of data usage is certainly important. The data utilization tool is used as a guide in terms of providing an insight into how you used your data. We would be glad to help get to the bottom of this. When you locate settings > cellular and scroll all the way down, what date and time shows as the last reset? To confirm, how many devices do you have on your Verizon account? 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

ashomsky
Miembro

The last reset on the data usage statistics on my phone was December 26, 2017. That's when the phone was first activated.

I have two devices on my plan but I can see usage stats on Verizon's website broken out for each device individually. The stats for my device showed 45% of my data usage was Audio.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ashomsky, we apprecaite you checking that usage. Please select the Reset Statistics to ensure that this information is up to date. As we do want to work to get to the bottom of this, do you recall adding any new apps, games or software recently? 

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta