cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

What Does "Unlimited HD Streaming" Mean?

NICJOH82
Miembro

Unlimited plan..... What does "Unlimited HD streaming" mean exactly? Another vague statement that VZN does not purposely spell out. Does Netflix, HULU, Amazon Prime, etc NOT counted towards the deprioritization?  How can we find out exactly?  If the representatives are unclear and the website does not specify how are we to know what is truly accurate versus what is implied?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Unlimited plan..... What does "Unlimited HD streaming" mean exactly?

Weth
Líder Sénior

All the data used for the streaming services counts toward the 22 GB. Up to 22 GB you will get the highest speed available with no downgrading of video (as T-mobile and others do). After 22 GB, if the cell tower you are attached to is not busy, you will continue at the same highest speed available and no downgrading of video.

However, if after 22 GB the cell phone tower is busy, you will be slowed down, the amount depends no how congested the tower is, but you will still be able to continue streaming. Verizon still does not alter the video stream. The video stream may adjust from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc to allow streaming on a slower data rate so HD 1080P may go down to HD 720P or if it slows down then 480P or 360P. In each case, Verizon doesn't alter the video stream like T-mobile does.

In many cases, even after 22 GB is reach you will not notice any difference. There is no upper limit to how much you can use, hence the "unlimited" term.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

All the data used for the streaming services counts toward the 22 GB. Up to 22 GB you will get the highest speed available with no downgrading of video (as T-mobile and others do). After 22 GB, if the cell tower you are attached to is not busy, you will continue at the same highest speed available and no downgrading of video.

However, if after 22 GB the cell phone tower is busy, you will be slowed down, the amount depends no how congested the tower is, but you will still be able to continue streaming. Verizon still does not alter the video stream. The video stream may adjust from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc to allow streaming on a slower data rate so HD 1080P may go down to HD 720P or if it slows down then 480P or 360P. In each case, Verizon doesn't alter the video stream like T-mobile does.

In many cases, even after 22 GB is reach you will not notice any difference. There is no upper limit to how much you can use, hence the "unlimited" term.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

NICJOH82
Miembro

Thank you Weth!

0 Me gusta