cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

What Are With These Verizon Surcharges?

almostime21
Miembro

​I have a question about my Surcharges, Below is a little background and my questions as well as a copy of my bill.

So I just moved to a new state (NM) and I had T-Mobile before this. I had T-Mobile for about 2 months after I got to NM and my bill didn't change much in rate with them even though my location did and my charges on the bill did reflect my new area. I switched to Verizon though because unfortunately in this area T-Mobile does not have more than 3G service out of town and that would be spotty at times. So I switched to Verizon and to me it seems that my Surcharges are through the roof! I don't think $23.07 in surcharges is normal. That does not even include the $1.74 for the NM State 911 Fee and tax. I hate to say it but with T-Mobile willing to pay off my ETF I may go back and just deal with the service because if this cant change it will be really expensive, $38 per month more than my 3 lines with T-Mobile so $456 per year in extra cost to me is not worth the few dropped calls I would have with T-Mobile. Why is it so high on Verizon compared to other carriers? Does this change (You can see that this is my second month so its not the activation fee and the equipment fee is in the lines not the surcharges area)? Can I do anything about these?

Verizon_Redacted1_Page_1.jpgVerizon_Redacted1_Page_2.jpgVerizon_Redacted1_Page_3.jpgVerizon_Redacted1_Page_4.jpgVerizon_Redacted1_Page_5.jpgVerizon_Redacted1_Page_6.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Surcharges???

Community Manager
Community Manager

almostime21,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We are glad to hear you are with us and hope that your service is working great in your area. We can certainly understand being concerned about the fees you are charged with your services every month. These particular surcharges are billed to every customer and can change bases on the total of the bill and where the service is being used. At this time we have no control over adjusting the charges but it does include fees that covers the Federal Universal Service Charge as well as State Gross Receipts Tax Surcharges. While we can't comment on what other carriers charge these fees and amounts would be standard with Verizon Wireless service.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

almostime21,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We are glad to hear you are with us and hope that your service is working great in your area. We can certainly understand being concerned about the fees you are charged with your services every month. These particular surcharges are billed to every customer and can change bases on the total of the bill and where the service is being used. At this time we have no control over adjusting the charges but it does include fees that covers the Federal Universal Service Charge as well as State Gross Receipts Tax Surcharges. While we can't comment on what other carriers charge these fees and amounts would be standard with Verizon Wireless service.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

o2a3a5
Miembro

Hola,

I am also just moved from Tmobile and I am also concerned about the surcharges. Is there anyway to keep these costs lower, my surcharges accounted for over $60 this month! I am expecting my total bill to come in at $95 per/month, then I had an extra $60 put on top of that. If this is going to continue, then I think I will also consider moving back to Tmobile given the price transparency there. 

How does verizon plan on providing more price transparency regarding these surchargers?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the family. We always want to be transparent with you in regard to your services. In regard to the surcharges, in the link provided is the details about Surcharges and Fees: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/surcharges/ . -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Me gusta

silver6056

@vzw_customer_support escribió:

Welcome to the family. We always want to be transparent with you in regard to your services. In regard to the surcharges, in the link provided is the details about Surcharges and Fees: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/surcharges/ . -BrittanyC_VZW

The lack of transparency really refers to advertized prices.   While it does say, in smaller type something like "plus taxes and fees"  T-mobil in particular advertizes (on most plans) the price you actually pay.  With Verizon, until you sign up, you won't really know the scale of these surcharges.  This leads to annoyance and churn, as VZ plans are usually quite a bit more expensive after these unnecessary charges  (most are not taxes, just surcharges VZ adds when they could be the cost of business)

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@silver6056 escribió:

@vzw_customer_support escribió:

The lack of transparency really refers to advertized prices.   While it does say, in smaller type something like "plus taxes and fees"  T-mobil in particular advertizes (on most plans) the price you actually pay.  With Verizon, until you sign up, you won't really know the scale of these surcharges.  This leads to annoyance and churn, as VZ plans are usually quite a bit more expensive after these unnecessary charges  (most are not taxes, just surcharges VZ adds when they could be the cost of business)

Did you expand your 'surcharge' field?   Taxes  and fees are not going to amount to an additional 2/3rds of your service cost.  
   As a new customer you would be charged an activation fee, which may be listed on your bill as such.  The activation fee is taxed too.  Which seems might strange to me.  
   My taxes and fees are about 10% of my total bill.  Some states have much higher 911 fees and taxes.  Of the total tax and fees, less than 1/3 is the admin fee - which is the only fee Verizon is keeping for themselves, so that's not true that these are 'unnecessary charges'.  

0 Me gusta