cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Watch out for the Edge plan

cpfeifer999
Miembro

Just got off the phone with customer support with a question about my bill. The information I got there was completely different than the what I was told by the store representative who sold me my phone and edge plan. At the store, the salesperson asked me if I was interested in dropping $30 or so off my monthly bill, and of course that sounds great, so I dropped a gig of data and switched to edge to get this monthly savings. What I wasn't told was that there are $30 or so dollars in taxes that get tacked on to the bill for the edge plan, so basically I dropped a gig of data off my plan and I'm paying the exact same price I was before.

I don't expect anyone at Verizon to do anything about this, I was basically told by customer service "sorry this happened". I'm just warning others to watch out for this crap, and as soon as my plan is up I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Watch out for the Edge plan

Snn5
Líder Sénior

You get taxes from the phone paid at the time of purchase or on one of the first bills, plus you get the cost of the phone added to each bill, but usually, based on the amount of data you get, you also get a $15-$25 discount on an edge plan to help compensate for the cost of the phone.

0 Me gusta

cpfeifer999
Miembro

That part was conveniently left out of the sales pitch, no mention of taxes at all by anyone ever. Not acceptable to me.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Well, look at it like this:  Whenever you buy anything anywhere at a full price (even contract phones have taxes) you have to pay a tax that is not included in the base price.

cpfeifer999
Miembro

I look at it like this: "How would like to save money on your bill" is a much more effective sales pitch than "How would you like to pay the same amount for less service". I get it, and you just lost a customer.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

You make a compromise:  a little less GB and you get a new phone, that you can trade up with after 75% and 30 days has been paid off and passed.  No, I don't work for Verizon, I am another customer.  No I don't get paid.  I don't agree with the tactic used, though you would save money on the plan.  Why would they cut your bill AND give you a phone?

cpfeifer999
Miembro

I was duped into switching plans under the assumption that my bill would be less, my bill is not less and I have less data. I don't care about the details or compromises this point because they were never part of conversation when I signed up and I would have never switched my plan if I hadn't been told my bill would be less.

I was lied to by a Verizon sales person at the store and that's the bottom line. Justify it anyway you want, it's total bs and I'm outta here asap.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Are you sure the $30 isn't just for the first bill?   $30 is a lot of tax for a single line and doesn't quite make sense. 

0 Me gusta

cpfeifer999
Miembro

I was on the phone with customer service for an hour because I didn't understand my bill. I'm absolutely positive I'm paying the same amount I was previously, I'm absolutely sure that I have one less gig of data than I did previously and I'm absolutely sure that the sales person left out the details that would have told me this when I switched plans. The only compromise that happened here is I lost a gig of data because I believed what I heard at the store. It was a total misrepresentation presented in a way that's hard to pass up.

I'm done with Verizon regardless, I'm just spreading the word in the hopes that it helps others avoid this situation. I guess the one good thing is that it's not an extended contract so I can switch to another provider sooner than later.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Yes, you can switch whenever you'd like, and no it is not a contract, you only have to pay off the phone and any service used at the point that you cancel.

0 Me gusta