cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Warning: Verizon will NOT pay your port-in credit

Rich3131
Miembro

I started my service on June 11 in Pennsylvania. During that time, Verizon was running a promotion in a small number of states (including Pennsylvania) that offered $200 per line for porting in from another provider. We ported in two AT&T lines, entitled to $400 credit. Easy, right? Wrong.

No fewer than five Verizon supervisors told me there never was a $200 per line offer. I went back to the store and got written proof and got the sales associate on the line with Verizon customer service to prove it was true. But I still didn't receive the credit.

Then a supervisor named Trey who said he was in Seattle said he would fix it. He then left me a voice mail saying my $100 per line port-in credit had been applied (NOT $200 as agreed). When I tried to get him on the phone, he wouldn't respond. I was then told there never was a $200 port-in credit and this would be all I got.

After several more calls, I spoke to Peter [removed] in Albuquerque who assured me that I would receive the credit as promised, I just needed to be patient. I got that in writing. After waiting the prescribed amount of time, I did not receive the credit. I responded to Peter several times via email with no response.

So back to the phones for me. Robin [removed] was angry and argumentative, told me I would get nothing, and slammed the phone down on me. Called back yet again and spoke to Will in Columbus, OH who assured me I would receive the credit-- he just needed his supervisor's approval and I would have the credit by 2:00pm that afternoon. He even gave me his direct phone number. No credit was received, and repeated calls to Will's "direct line" were completely ignored, over a period of several days.

More calls. James in Huntsville [removed] refused to help, insisting I'd already received it, even though I had clear evidence I hadn't. DeSean in California [removed] refused to help, claiming "we've already given you enough credit," while never addressing that port-in credit wasn't applied.

Finally spoke to Rosa and Mike [removed] in Washington State, who acted like they were doing me a huge favor by actually applying a partial credit. No apologies. No willingness to apply a customer service adjustment either.

I called Verizon easily 30 times regarding this issues. Average call time was 60-90 minutes, including on-hold time. So approximately 15 hours spent resolving an issue that never should have been an issue, during which I was given a constant stream of misinformation, lied to, insulted, treated like I was somehow money-grubbing-- for daring to ask for the incentive that was promised on Day 1 to make me a customer! ¡Bienvenido a Verizon!

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Warning: Verizon will NOT pay your port-in credit

Weth
Sr. Leader

First, the only thing that protects your rights is to submit a formal dispute to Verizon HQ in New Jersey. You must do this within 180 days, or your rights may be limited or gone.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

Second, and I do realize Verizon has regional offers, but I have never seen a $200 port in credit. It has always been a $100 port in credit with $100 or more for a phone trade in. I have seen some offers for $150 port in credit and then $100 or more for the phone trade in. Do you still have the original offer information? Are you 100% sure it was not "Switch to Verizon and get back $200" Then in the fine print it said $100 port in credit and $100 for trading in your phone to Verizon upon signing up. We have seen that happen.

Rich3131
Miembro

Sure, your confusion is understandable. The $200 port-in credit was limited and highly regional-- but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Here's a quote from Fierce Wireless that's still available online that details it:

" In New York City, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Chicago, Cleveland, and the Washington, DC, area, Verizon is now offering $200 to customers who port their number over."

It's all moot, really, because I've talked to supervisors at Verizon who acknowledge that the $200 port-in credit exists-- in fact, I went back to the store where the account was started to validate it, and even put the store personnel on the phone with Verizon customer service. However, those supervisors don't actually do anything, and they don't notate the account, so the next person you talk to doesn't know what you're talking about and denies the promotion exists-- often with angry, aggressive language.

0 Me gusta

Rich3131
Miembro

This issues is still not resolved. I am now stuck in the endless loop of "a manager will call you back." Guess what? Nobody calls you back.

0 Me gusta