cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Warning: DO NOT DO A VERIZON EDGE BUYOUT EVER!!!

cshaver
Miembro

When it was time for my wife to get a new phone last summer, she let a Verizon Wireless salesperson in the store convince her to do a Verizon Edge deal to get a new iPhone 6, instead of a normal 2-year contract renewal.

The price for the iPhone 6 was $749.76, spread over 24 monthly payments.  So the monthly payment for the phone was $31.24.  But the normal $40/month "Smartphone Line Access" fee was reduced to (effectively) $15/month because of a "$25 Off Edge Smartphone Access" discount.  So my monthly payment for the phone plus the service was: $31.24 + $40 - $25 = $46.24, and the two year total would be: $1109.76.

Three months into the Verizon Edge deal I decided to pay off the phone, because I wanted to reduce my monthly fees.  I bought out the last 21 months of the Verizon Edge purchase agreement for a sum of $656.04.  I now thought that I owned the phone and would not be "under contract".

However what happened was that the "$25 Off Edge Smartphone Access" discount disappeared, and was not replaced by a $25 Month2Month discount (which is what normally happens when a phone goes off contract).  So I am still stuck paying $40/month for the service on this phone.  This means that my two year total payment for this phone plus service is going to be: ($46.24 * 3) + $656.04 + ($40 * 21) = $1634.76.

So by doing the Verizon Edge Buyout I am going to end up paying Verizon $525 more than I would have if I had not done the Edge Buyout!

Needless to say no one at Verizon explained this to me when I did the Edge Buyout.  And when I called Customer Service to complain about it, the answer I got was "sorry, the Edge Discount goes away when you do a buyout and is not replaced by a Month2Month discount" and "I agree that it would have been better for you not to do the Edge Buyout" and "there is nothing I or anyone else in Customer Service can do about this now".

Don't pay twice for your phone!!!  Don't ever do a Verizon Edge Buyout!!!

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Warning: DO NOT DO A VERIZON EDGE BUYOUT EVER!!!

Snn5
Líder Sénior

You can still get the month to month discount.  You have to manually add it onto the account in My Verizon as a plan change.

The MORE Everything Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Verizon Edge and Line Access Charges

Going month to month after Edge buyout is the same as month to month after you end a contract.  Being out of contract month to month is the same as Edge...since Edge is not a contract.

0 Me gusta

cshaver
Miembro

How do I do this?  The customer service person I called did not mention this, even though we specifically discussed this topic.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Sign into My Verizon and click on Change Features area.  It doesn't change your plan, so you shouldn't see it under Plan Changes.  It's more a feature I guess.  A reduced cost feature I guess you'd call it.