cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Wanting to switch to Sprint

bigdaddykyle6
Miembro

I have been a Verizon customer for 6 years now and I am just fed up with my high bills. I am on the Edge program with my LG G3, if I just want to switch to Sprint(for the unlimited data), all I have to do is buyout my contract right? Can someone please help me out.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta

Re: Wanting to switch to Sprint

Community Manager
Community Manager
Whoa! We can't just let you walk out of our lives bigdaddykyle6! I'm confident that together we can get you the best plan to meet your wireless needs with us. Let's start with what plan do you have now? How much data do you use on a monthly basis? Also, how many lines of services do you have? As you share the details then we can put together a plan that's right for you!
ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Me gusta

gaddang2
Miembro

Just buy out your contract and cancel your line or port it over to Sprint. That'll work unless you did an Early Edge, your contract for your phone will be done, but the line for your phone will still have it's original end date and will result in an ETF if you cancel.

I have 8 lines on Verizon on the more everything. Thinking of porting half my numbers over to T-Mobile because of the unlisted policies of the Edge Program.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Yes, just port over your number to Sprint and then pay off the phone.  Or, pay off the phone and then port over.  Edge is not a contract.  So there is no ETF, only have to pay off phone.

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Sell the G3 to help make up the loss of buying another phone with Sprint since you cant use the G3 with Sprint.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager
Oh no bigdaddykyle6, we certainly don't want to see you go anywhere unless it's right here with us! We appreciate your long time loyalty and are here to help you in any way that we can! Let's review your plan together to ensure you have the best fitting one. Which plan are you currently on please? Are there any other fees you are referring to? Thanks in advance for clarifying! I look forward to resolving these issues soon! Gracias.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Me gusta

ShanaK
Novice

We are considering this as well.

If you go to sprint they are currently buying people out of verizon contracts up to $350 per line. Plus offering some amazing deals.

0 Me gusta

Deadeye_37
Miembro

Wow...I just found out today that a buy out from Contracts and Edge programs is going to cost me $1700. $1400 or around that much is I wait until my Contract ends next month. I've been a Customer way before Verizon bought out Alltel. I've got 4 lines, myself and my children. I bought into the Commercial they had where you could get 4 lines and 10 Gigs for $200 or under. So there have been new phones of course but then came the Edge Program. Thinly explained but cheap to get...but then come the Data charges for each phone, plus the Insurance, plus the Edge payments, Taxes of course and overage...other little charges that add up. I have WAY to many problems with these guys to put here but I'm thinking of just paying to get out. I mean there is NO loyalty for being with this Company for 20 years...starting with the famous Bag Phone. Just when you think you've earned a little respect for being with them you get nothing but the talking points. At this point I'm thinking either Sprint or Straight Talk...I'm so disappointed.

0 Me gusta

MiiHere
Leader

There are always ways to keep your bill down. For instance, the Edge program saves you money; how much is your monthly payment for the phone you bought? Typically most Edge phones are around $20 to $30 a month and because you have the 10GB, assuming more everything plan you should be saving $25 on the line access fee for that edge phone; regularly $40, now $15. Which means they almost cancel each other out. Instead of paying $200 up front and signing a 2 year contract, your phone was free or nearly free after 2 years of payments.

I am one who doesn't buy into insurance; I think it's a waste of money. I would rather put that premium ($11 a line each month?) into a savings account and buy a hybrid case and tempered glass screen protector. I realize there are malfunctions not always preventable by safe keeping of the phone, but I tend to always have an old phone on hand in the event that happens.

As for data overage, you should have a way to delegate a certain % of the data to each line; pretty certain I've seen that somewhere. That way no one goes over the monthly allotted amount and you don't have any extra charges.

Something new I've been seeing and hopefully read right is that if you are out of contract and doing month to month you can have even more savings on the access line charge. I'm not certain of the truth behind it, but my understanding is you could save up to $25 each line access charge. Which would bring your total access line charge of $135 to $60. You'd have to check with a rep, I don't know if there is a limit on the number of lines that can be discounted etc. But if your contract is up next month, it might be worth looking into.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Deadeye_37 wrote:

Wow...I just found out today that a buy out from Contracts and Edge programs is going to cost me $1700. $1400 or around that much is I wait until my Contract ends next month.

If your contract ends next month, your ETF IS NOT $300. At most, it would be $130($350 - $220 for completing 22 months of service already)

Edge is simply a payment plan to purchase a phone at 0% interest. You do not "buy out from Edge", you simply complete the remaining payments on the phone(s) you agreed to purchase. You have the phone, you agreed to purchase it, of course you would have to pay the balance of your phone payments!

Deadeye_37 wrote:

I bought into the Commercial they had where you could get 4 lines and 10 Gigs for $200 or under.

This is correct. 10 GB of data = $80/month. If you are either "out of contract" or on the Edge plan, you will get a $25/month discount on your $40/month line access fee on each line either "out of contract" or on the Edge plan. With 4 lines, that would come to a total of $60/month IF all 4 lines were either on the Edge plan or "out of contract". That is a total monthly "service charge" of $140/month before taxes. Taxes/fees should run your somewhere from $20-$40/month for all 4 lines for a TOTAL monthly bill of $180 or less. If YOU choose to add on other items to increase your bill(insurance, etc...) that is YOUR choice. It does not invalidate the claim by the commercial. That you CHOOSE to purchase a new phone and have to pay for that phone does not invalidate the claim by the commercial. If I purchase a high gas mileage car which advertises 50-60 MPG and only requires ~$100/month to run as a result of the high MPG rating of the car, I DO NOT add in the monthly car payment when calculating the amount I pay for gas each month. You are doing that when you add in the phone payments to calculate the cost of your phone service, though.

Deadeye_37 wrote:

but then come the Data charges for each phone, plus the Insurance, plus the Edge payments, Taxes of course and overage...other little charges that add up.

There are no data charges for "each" phone. It is a shared pool of data for the account. If you need a bigger pool because you chose an allowance lower than what you need, simply increase your allowance. Currently, 10 GB is $80/month, but you can increase your allowance by 50% by increasing your monthly data cost by only 25% to $100 which STILL keeps your monthly "service charge" under $200! Insurance is up to you. If you feel you need it, you should get it, but many don't need it. Personally, I don't get it and had I done so, would only have had to use it ONCE in almost 20 years of cellular service back to my first "bag phone". 4 lines at 20 years at ~$10/line = $9600. I can purchase a LOT of phones with that $9600 saved in insurance payments I did not make to have JUST replaced 1 phone(don't forget the deductible on top of the insurance payments) in that length of time!