cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Want my old plan back - 40 GBs I MISS you.

Miembro

I want my old 40 GB plan back.  This unlimited plan that throttle speed from 4G to3G after 10GBs is garbage and utterly fails to meet my needs in any and all ways.  Wish I had never switched just to save $50.00.  Now it is 8GBs or Unlimited.  What a horrid way to treat customers. The really [removed] part is that all the other companies do it too.  As if that justifies it.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Want my old plan back - 40 GBs I MISS you.

Expert

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and see if they can change your plan back.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have been on with Verizon for 1 hour 5 minutes so far - waiting to speak with a supervisor because the person I am on with cannot change my plan back until May 22nd.

When I was sold the "upgrade" to the "Unlimited" plan in February, and they moved all three of my lines over, they never mentioned the 10GB cap on my Verizon router.  No notices or warnings until suddenly Saturday (4/29) I get a message that I am over 9GB and when I hit 10, I will drop to 3G speeds.  No messages in February, March, or April until 4/29...

I contacted Verizon and went through a Chat - the rep said the message was an error - I had a 22GB cap, not 10GB.  Apparently they don't all know about the hidden 10GB cap on routers/MiFi devices.

Today, I got notified that I hit 10Gb, and guess what - my connection dropped to 3G speeds.

I want my 40 GB plan back - today - NOT 3 weeks from now.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

After 85 minutes, 27 seconds on with Verizon waiting to speak with a supervisor, I was offered a scheduled call on Thursday, and gave up waiting.

I have been with Verizon almost since their formation in 2000 - and always liked and promoted them, but this is incredibly poor customer service.

"I am sorry your service has been dropped to 3G speeds, would you like to schedule to go back to usable performance 3 weeks from now?"  "The 'system' won't let me set up that plan until May 22nd."  "We are very busy and my supervisor is unavailable."

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Is that your billing cycle date? That doesn't make sense as they should be able to backdate the plan to the beginning of the billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

@Ann164 -- Thanks for the suggestion.   The simple things elude me.  I called this morning and when the nice robot phone told me there where higher than normal call volumes I hung up.  Might go into a store tomorrow and see if I can get my older, larger plan back.

@kccrosser -- I agree with Ann154.  Seems odd that you would have to wait.  Perhaps it is a billing cycle thing back dating / prorating the cost is standard practice.  Perhaps they realized they horked up and have some "new" old thing coming back at the end of May.  /shrug  I too have been a Verizon customer and Bell South customer (before they became Verizon) and have always spoken highly of Verizon as a company and service.  Might not be the case soon...if I get stuck with this "unlimited" 3G throttled garbage.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Yes - I pointed out that if I wanted to buy a new device, or change to a new plan they were promoting, they would find it incredibly easy to start immediately and pro-rate.  But apparently, when you want to fix their screw-up by returning to your previous plan, it cannot be done until the end of the billing cycle.

I requested to speak with a supervisor, but obviously the supervisor didn't want to speak with me, and after well over an hour of repeated requests, I gave up - it was clear that they would just out-wait me.

At first the rep tried to tell me the 10GB cap was somewhere in the promotional literature.  I pointed out that their own web site says:  "Not just Unlimited - Verizon Unlimited" and even mentions "hotspots at no extra charge".  No mention of "... unless you actually want to use one of our routers to move any data...".

Why would anyone buy a Verizon 4G LTE router if they weren't going to use at least 10GB/month???

Highlighted

Expert

Reread the press release especially the last main paragraph. Get unlimited data on the network you deserve: Verizon | About Verizon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

@ann154 - "Mobile Hotspot with 10 GB of 4G LTE data is included at no charge (after 10 GB you’ll get 3G data speeds)."

Ok - I have had 2 reps tell me that phones are NOT subject to the 10GB cap.  Yet when I use my phone as a Mobile Hotspot, does it then fall under this provision?  So - is this statement true for all Mobile Hotspots, the reps are wrong, and it will cap at 10GB on my phone also?  Or this statement is not correct and the reps are correct and a Mobile Hotspot on my phone is NOT subject to the 10GB cap?

Either way, I hadn't seen that press release when I signed up for "Unlimited" and the Verizon salesperson did not disclose the 10GB cap at that time.  I would not have switched my plan had this been disclosed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

kccrosser wrote:

Yet when I use my phone as a Mobile Hotspot, does it then fall under this provision? So - is this statement true for all Mobile Hotspots, the reps are wrong, and it will cap at 10GB on my phone also? Or this statement is not correct and the reps are correct and a Mobile Hotspot on my phone is NOT subject to the 10GB cap?

Either way, I hadn't seen that press release when I signed up for "Unlimited" and the Verizon salesperson did not disclose the 10GB cap at that time. I would not have switched my plan had this been disclosed.

Yes, the data used by the hotspot on your phone will be slowed to 3G speeds after 10 GB of hotspot usage. Your phone will also be subject to re-prioritization after TOTAL phone data usage of 22 GB. Whether or not that is total 4G data usage I couldn't tell, but from what people are reporting that 3G data usage is worthless, it shouldn't contribute much to that 22 GB total if 3G data usage is included in that usage.

0 Likes