cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

WHy do I see 0.00001 GB of data usage every 10 minutes at home?

Miembro

When I am on my home Wi-Fi, my Verizon data usage log shows 0.00001 GB every 10 minutes. When I am anywhere else, I don't see this. I'm running "My Data Manager - Data Usage" by Mobidia Technology, and it shows that I haven't used one byte of cell data for the past 12 hours (overnight) and I've been on Wi-Fi all night. Has anyone experienced this and knows what is going on?

Labels (1)
Pestañas (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: data usage 0.00001 GB every 10 minutes, but only happens at home?!

Not applicable

vikodlak wrote:

I think you missed the point entirely.

I got the point just fine. 10 KB is nothing. A weather app update can be 10 KB. Some parts OS have to call home, so to speak, every now and again. That will be a few KB.

As far as you're issue if you turn off the mobile data there is ZERO chance you will use data. Some people think they have wi-fi on when they don't. Especially iPhone users. They don't realize that once the screen goes blank after not being touched in awhile the wi-fi radio shuts off then mobile data is used unless you have it shut off already.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have noticed that with my service too. I also have noticed large amounts of data used while I am connect to WIFI or even in instances where I know I wasnt even on the phone, like when im in the shower in the morning. I understand apps run in the background and email has to check the servers for mail, but when I am on my home or work WIFI I should not see any data connections.

For example, I had 88MB of data used yesterday at 10:10AM when I was on my work WIFI. Today, at that time I was not even using my phone, though still connected to my work WIFI, and my account shows another data charge at 10:10AM, but this time for over 200MB! I know for a fact I was not doing anything on my phone because I was trying to figure out all the random data connections this month at time there should not be any.

I have already had to up my data allowance once this month due to these random data connections, and it is looking like I will have to do it again. I am none to happy about the fact My Verizon shows date, time, and amount, but no clue what is being used.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

DataMiser You realize that is just 10 KB.

Vikidlak if you want to make sure 100% no mobile data is being used then turn it off.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

vikodlak wrote:

I got the point just fine. 10 KB is nothing. A weather app update can be 10 KB. Some parts OS have to call home, so to speak, every now and again. That will be a few KB.

As far as you're issue if you turn off the mobile data there is ZERO chance you will use data. Some people think they have wi-fi on when they don't. Especially iPhone users. They don't realize that once the screen goes blank after not being touched in awhile the wi-fi radio shuts off then mobile data is used unless you have it shut off already.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have recently been having the same issue.  After talking to Verizon and getting a canned response: paraphrasing "It's gotta be something you're doing because Verizon NEVER makes mistakes regarding data".  I have taken to turning off data in my phone while on wifi.  The funny thing is that Verizon tried to tell me I was being charged data while on wifi because the wifi was a bad connection and it was "kicking me off and then requiring verizon data to kick in"  well that point has since been proven wrong because since shutting off data while on wifi I have not ONE time been kicked off of my wifi.  Verizon claims I used 3 GB of data in 9 days, when I've never used that much before.  I refuse to believe Verizon isn't doing something wrong.  I filed an FCC complaint (for whatever good that does).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

We would love to help find out what's been going on with your data, hrganthew. What model phone are you using? Did this start with a new device or an update to the operating system by chance? Please share a few more details so we can help.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes