cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Vtext and vzwpics not working

Miembro

I have been using vtext and vzwpics to send messages and images from my personal computer to my phone - and other verizon phones - for years. However, over the last several months the service has been very spotty. Sometimes it works and often it doesnt. Today I cant get any vtexts messages or vzwpic messages to go through to my phone.

Is the service down or?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Vtext and vzwpics not working

Community Manager
Community Manager

Yrral3215, it's so critical to have all your messaging services working properly at all times. What happens when you try to send vtexts messages or vzwpic messages to your phone from your computer (error message, slow to go through, doesn't go through at all, etc.)? Is your computer/phone using an outside WiFi or Verizon mobile data for your internet connection when you are having these issues? Is your computer and phone internet WiFi/data working properly otherwise?
SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's important to be able to send messages from your computer, Yrral3215. Are you sending the messages to your 10 digit number followed by @vtext.com? Do you experience an issue receiving when your phone is on both WiFi and cellular data? Which messaging app are you using?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

There are no error messages at all. As far as I can tell, the message goes out from my email just fine, but nothing shows up on my phone or any other phones at all.

Im using my home wifi router - which is working just fine. This is the same router that I have had for the last two years. All other email messages go just fine. Vtext and VZWPIX used to work just fine when the phone was also on the same router or when it was on mobile data. Now it doesn't work no matter where the other phone is or if its on mobile data or a home router/wifi network.

Yes, I am using the 10 digit phone number followed by vtxt.com or vzwpix.com - neither one works. I have tried this with at least 5 different phone numbers over the last few days with zero success.

All of the people I am trying this with recently are using Verizons built in Message+ app - all are on android phones with the latest up-dates.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for all this information, Yrral3215. We want to continue to assist to get this working. When you are on your computer, are you sending the messages directly from your email or are you logging into Messages+ from the PC? This is the link to use to log in on the computer: http://spr.ly/65848fZiA. If you log in here, do the messages send correctly?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I am sending the messages directly from my email.

Using the link you provided is NOT a good option. That link forces me to use the phone number that is primary on my account. I have 4 people on a family account. I don't want the messages I send to one of my friends to look like it is coming from my daughters phone. Plus, they will be responding to the wrong number and I will never see the replies, so that option is not an option.

After several days, I have finally gotten some error reports back from my emails. I get the exact same messages for Vtext and Vzwpix messages.

“This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> ********93@vtext.com (while not connected): 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max retries without delivery”

Are you telling me that it is no longer possible to send Vtext and VZWpix messages directly from my email?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand your concern. We want you to be able to use all of our features. How are you accessing your Vtexts? Are you sending this via a laptop/PC? How many characters are you using? Vtext has a limit of characters and this might be causing issues.

JavierMD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I answered all your questions in the earlier posts - do you folks not read these messages?

Yes - Im using my laptop computer to send Vtext and Vzwpix messages via my email (on the laptop) to my phone and other phones on the verizon network. I am trying to read them using Verizons Message+ on my phone. Im pretty sure all my other contacts also use Message+ on their phones to read the messages I send.

I know all about the text limit. I have been using Vtext and Vzwix for years.

Normally, the Vtexts go through just fine even if you go over the limit. They just cut off the extra characters. So sending extra long messages never caused a problem before.

Now, nothing works. I try sending a Vtext with just "Test" and it does not go through. Also sending Vzwpix does not work.

Over the last few months this has been getting worse and worse and now its not working at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

Yrral3215,

I apologize for any repeated questions. What email server are the message being sent from?

DerekR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes